5.3

"Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." Mrs. Weasley calls up to us and we begin to file down the stair. Then Fred and George apostate down from their room. "Just because you're allowed to use magic now... does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything."

"Sorry, Mum." They mutter.

"You hungry, Harry? Mia?" Mrs. Weasley asks. We nod and she guides us to the kitchen. "You sure you're both all right? Gave us quite a turn."

"Harry and Amelia Potter."

"Sirius." We day and give him a hug. We then take our seats at the large table. Mrs. Weasley starts serving us dinner and we all like our plates with food.

"This is very, very peculiar. It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot." Mr. Weasley states as he reads over a letter we got regarding our hearing.

"I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against us?" Harry asks.

"Show them." Remus says. "They'll find out soon enough."

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well. Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet... to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Mr. Weasley begins to tell us.

"Why?" I ask.

"He thinks Dumbledore's after his job."

"No one in their right mind could believe that..." I trail off.

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind." Sirius tells us. "It's been twisted and warped by fear. Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Harry and Mia. The last time Voldemort gained power...he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear."

"Now he's returned, and I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything... to avoid facing that terrifying truth." Remus finishes.

"So, do you think Voldemort wants to build up his army again?" I ask them. They nod.

"Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command. And not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures." Remus says. "He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same."

"But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." Sirius explains. "We believe... Voldemort may be after something."

"Sirius." Mrs. Weasley warns. Sirius just ignores her.

"Something he didn't have last time."

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asks.

"No. That's enough. Theyre just a children." Mrs. Weasley exclaims. "You say more and you might as well induct them into the Order."

"Good." I scoff. "We want to join. If Voldemort's raising an army, then we want to fight."

"Harry. Mia." Remus warns. "You will not be fighting. No one will be fighting. At least not now."

"He's going to remain hidden, isn't he?" I ask. They all nod.

"What?" Harry questions.

"Harry, the ministry is making it very clear that they don't believe he's back. They don't want to believe he's back." I tell him. "He's going to use that to his advantage. Take the time to get stronger, more powerful, while there's not a man hunt for him."

—————————————————————————

"Do you think he's really after something? Like a weapon he could use against us?" Harry asks me. Ron, Hermione, Harry and I sit up in our room talking about what the Order discussed with us.

"Well, I mean, he couldn't defeat us last time, who's to say he's not going to try everything he can this time? Whether that involves getting a weapon or not." I tell him.

"I wish they would just let us in the Order. I reckon we've got a pretty well rounded resume." Ron huffs out.

"They're scared." Hermione says. "They lost lives last time. They don't want to see us get hurt."

"Be that as it may, Harry and I have fought him more times then they have, and survived. We should be in it."

"We all should." Harry adds to my statement. Then the boys decide to go to bed, but Hermione and I decide to stay up and talk for a bit.

"So, how are you?" She asks me.

"Fine. The Dursley's were a breeze this past summer, considering everything we went through last year."

"I meant, how are you dealing with everything? Like Cedric."

"Hermione, I really don't want to talk about him. Every time I do I start crying." I say, feeling tears form in my eyes again. "Oh bloody hell, you'd think after crying myself to sleep each night I'd have no tears left."

She gets up and moves to sit right next to me. Then she places an arm around my shoulder to pull my into a hug. I just let it happen, and nuzzle into her.

"Mia, you lost someone very important to you." She whispers. "Your allowed to grieve."

"Yes, but for how long? Haven't I cried enough?"

"Apparently not." She says, handing me a tissue. I blow into it.

"I think I loved him, Hermione. I think I was in love with him."

"He loved you too, you know."

"I know." I mutter. "That night, in the graveyard. When I saw him, during the Priorium Incantatum, he said I was his first and last love."

"And how'd that make you feel?" She asks. And I lift my head up to look into her eyes.

"Worse. So much worse." I say to her. "I never got to tell him I felt the same way. We dated for nearly 8 months, and I was completely falling for him." I blow my nose again. "I never got to tell him I loved him. Not once."

"He's still with you, Mia." She says, pointing at my heart. "In here. If you loved him, he knows."

"I just don't know how to make the pain go away."

"Have you tried talking to him?"

I lift my eyebrow at her. "What?"

"Have you tried talking to him?" She repeats her question. "Like just sitting in a room, by yourself, and just let it all out."

"No." I mutter. "Should I?"

"It might help you move on."

—————————————————————————

"Trains. Underground. Ingenious, these Muggles." Mr. Weasley mutters as we walk down the streets of London. "Here we are. I've never used the visitors' entrance before. Should be fun." We stop in front of an old phone booth. Stepping in Mr. Weasley closes the door behind us. "Right. Good. I'll just get my Muggle money."

He puts the coin in and the phone booth starts going down, like an elevator. Harry and I look at each other in surprise, and then we see it.

"The ministry of magic." I mutter. Looking up at all the dark stone and statues. It's a lot bigger than I imagined, but I don't know what I was thinking. It's the bloody ministry after all.

"Morning, Arthur." A man greets Mr. Weasley.

"Morning, Bob." We continue up to his office. "Interdepartmental memos. We used to use owls. Mess was unbelievable. Merlin's beard." Then one of the wizards that escorted Harry and I to headquarters comes up to us. "Thank you, Kingsley." He hands him a piece of paper and is on his way.

"They've changed the time of your hearing." Mr. Weasley states.

"When is it?" Harry asks.

"In five minutes."

"Bloody hell." I mutter, feeling my breath quickening. Then we step in an elevator and head down to the courtroom.