6 Jerard

6 Jerard

Originally Published: July 2, 2020

Ash falls to sleep on the sofa in the living room of Mrs.Amity's home as James pulls a blanket over him. This makes Amity smile, before frowning.

"So young..." She spoke, "and he said he ran away?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow we should take him to Jerard and have him check Ash's family tree."

James calls Jerard's number and informs him of this unusual circumstance.

"He says we can come by the station at noon tomorrow, they will have the equipment ready by then."

"Okay."

It seems time flies by too fast because without even realizing, it is already time to leave.

"Ready Ash?" James calls. Poor Ash, he starts crying. He doesn't want to go anywhere, thinking this means goodbye to Amity and James.

James kneels in front of Ash "Hey, baby, don't be afraid. I will hold your hand the whole time, okay?"

"...Yes."

Ash grabs James's hand with the both of his, attaching himself to the alpha. Since James is wearing a long cloak, Ash naturally uses this as cover to hide himself. James finds this cute, but he isn't able to smile for long.

James remembers a few days ago when he suddenly got a quest notification pop up. [Protect Omega] was all it said. It was odd because in this small town, there are no omegas. So, who was he supposed to protect?

He opens up his system menu.

-

[Name: Bardhyl James Alilard]

[Age: 17, Birth Date: Winter]

[Rank: Alpha, Male]

[Level: 11]

[Experience Points: 13052/25600]

[Vitality: 30]

[Stamina: 46]

[Strength: 37]

[Agility: 17]

[Resistance: 28]

[Intelligence: 51]

[Wisdom: 46]

[Charm: 29]

[Reputation: 67, Status: Gentleman]

[Creativity: 31]

[Spirit: 35]

[Luck: 8]

[Inventory: N/A]

[Language: Panei (40), Eliven (48), Vanciz (34)]

[Quest: (Protect Omega, Reward: [Charm] level up x3, Due:???, Difficulty: Hard, Failure to complete this task will result in -10 [Charm] and -2 [Luck])]

-

Looking at the quest, James is staring at the consequence of failing.

He cannot recall the last time he saw a punishment for a quest, except for quests his mom gives him to do his chores, but those were given by a person- not the system itself and besides, the only punishment was being grounded; something only a kid fears, it can't really be applied to real life.

Huh, well it doesn't matter. James has already decided to protect this boy.

---

Jerard is slouching at his desk when the duo walks into his office, but he shoots upwards when he sees his best friend's kid enter with a little omega. Actually, he doesn't see Ash directly but the phone call yesterday gave him an insight on the current situation.

Ash is a run away, for a boy his age and an omega at that... What would be the cause? The most probable cause would be abuse, but to an omega boy!? They are a rarity in the current society and because of this, they are beloved- natural celebrities, in most cases.

...so, why would Ash run away?

What has this boy faced?