14.1 Denin Peaks

14.1 Denin Peaks

Originally Published: July 29 2021

The next day came bright and early. The townspeople wake up at the crack of dawn.

"Ugh, so early..." Myah complains

"When in Rome do as the Romans do." Pinton.

"What is Rome?"

"Uhh... I don't know, it's just a saying."

The two kept bickering back and forth loudly as they were walking around the city. James and Kilth stayed back farther so as to not wake Ash up due to the pair.

"Look at that!" Willow shouts, "It's like a party."

"It is a party." Kilth says, "The townspeople all get together in the morning to cook breakfast. The community here is tightly knit. Everyone knows everyone, this community is part of the reason travelers are not usually allowed since they disrupt the harmony."

"You seem to know a lot about this place." James comments. He is holding Ash in his arms, Ash is holding onto him loosely because he is very sleepy.

James puts his cloak over Ash, so the sunlight will not glare at him.

"While they allow traveler's into town now, it won't be forever so pay respects and give what you owe."

"Give what we owe? Kith, what do you mean?" Pinton asks.

"We can talk about that later... Now we should continue on our quest."

"...huh...I guess." Pinton looks back at the others in the group who were cooing at Ash, "Ready to go?"

"Ye,"

"Yeah"

---

Her piercing eyes and defined eyelashes stared back at him.

What is that?

Where is this?

Ash is alone in this mossy cave, how did he get here? ...Where is James? Kilth?

It is dark and the cave is just barely luminated by the glow berry flowers. At the very least, Ash can see where the roots on the walls are.

Should he continue walking forward or wait? Which way is forward?

A roar echoes down the crevasses of the cave, shaking the ground below Ash. This causes Ash to fall down.

"James?"

His voice echoes down the cave, bouncing off the walls.

"Where... where are you..."