4 Beta

4 Beta

Originally Published: June 18, 2020

On the streets of an old town...

Ash wanders the darkened struck streets. He does not mean to linger too long, staying in one place might bring too much trouble.

In an alleyway that sits beside an old shrine, there is a gray cat. Ash leans against the wall to, finally, rest from the long night of running. His legs collapse under him, pulling him to the gritty ground.

At a slow pace, Ash starts to fall asleep. He tries to fight the lure of twilight, but its touch is too sweet. He has never slept so soundly before.

---

A loud gasp woke Ash up.

A lady carrying a laundry basket full of newly washed clothes is standing above little Ash. Her aura feels like a beta to Ash it is calming until she reaches for him, causing Ash to jump with newly refreshed energy. He realizes he shouldn't feel comfortable near strangers. After all, his servants were betas...

Will she try to take him back? Her aura is like his servants...

He bolts out, passing the lady.

"Wait!" She calls out to him. "Come back!"

She follows him, causing Ash to run faster.

He runs into a run down church. It is made of white bricks which are mostly covered by vines. The old, wooden door looms over Ash. He struggles to open it with his weak [Strength] stat. It is only on level 3.

The lady stops after she sees a familiar face. "That omega, he was sleeping in an alley. I worry for him, but he ran away. Could you approach him? He might respond better with an alpha."

The alpha nods before running after the little omega. The beta lady chases behind him. Although, this plan might not work well because omegas usually feel calmer with betas than alphas.

Ash sits under the podium. The lady shouldn't see him from the entrance, that's what he is thinking, but it truly is the only hiding place in the church, besides under the benches.

He is shaking.

This person, his aura is overwhelmingly strong.

Ash will not be able to escape.