10.2 Adventurers

10.2 Adventurers

Originally Published: August 13, 2020

Ash wakes up bright and early so he jumps onto James so he to can experience the piercing rays of the sun.

James groans.

"How are you able to get up? It's like... ugh, so early..."

"How can I sleep?" Ash stresses, "we are almost to the town."

"Ugh..." James decides to change the subject, "hey, what are your stats at now?"

"I'll show you..."

-

[Name: Ash Willow Vatli]

[Age: 6, Birth Date: Spring]

[Rank: Omega, Male]

[Level: 4]

[Experience Points: 24/200]

[Vitality: 7]

[Stamina: 10]

[Strength: 8]

[Agility: 31]

[Resistance: 8]

[Intelligence: 16]

[Wisdom: 5]

[Charm: 35]

[Reputation: 56, Status: Cute]

[Creativity: 30]

[Spirit: 16]

[Luck: 7]

[Inventory: Bracelet, Short Sword, Art Book]

[Language: Eliven (15), Glowv (11)]

[Quest: (Find Big Brother),]

-

"When, when did you get that quest?"

"Oh, I don't remember..."

"Well, hmm. Your [Stamina] and [Strength] stats are much better than before." James pats Ash's head. "You gained a lot of experience, good job."

Although James doesn't mention this, Ash notices his [Reputation] and [Spirit] have also gone up. This must be because they have met a few travelers on their way, and they thought he was cute? As for his [Spirit], does that mean he is happier?

His [Spirit] is quite low for a six year old. Most people his age will have their stat in the thirties or higher. As people age their [Spirit] tend to go down because the ideals of a child are much brighter than the reality adults have to face everyday.

Even so, it's good his [Spirit] is rising, little by little.

"I see the town!" Ash shouts with excitement.

"Yeah..." James isn't as happy as Ash, for he sees a long line of travelers trying to enter. They will likely have to wait half an hour before entering, at the minimum.

The group before them is made up of four people, two girls and two boys. They held weapons and carried little to no baggage. James saw the spacial rings on their fingers, they all have one, at least, so those carrying small bags wanted to? They didn't have to, although James can't say anything because he is the same.

The girls are chatting with other travelers in the line, James only knew they were all four together because they stand out so much, with matching styles of clothing.

One of the girls is a beastmen. Her black, cat-like ears standing up proud and tails swinging around like a whip. There is also a boy beastmen in their group, the same type as the girl. However, he seems shyer, almost hiding his differences. James briefly wondered if they were siblings.

Ash is curiously looking at them, being locked up he has never seen a beastmen before. He wishes to ask James about them but thought it quite rude to ask in front of them, so he could only wait till a later date.

"Hiah! You're so cute~" The beastmen girl says to Ash, promptly scaring him, he thought he was well hidden in James's cloak.

"What is your name, cutie?" She asks. Ash buries his head against James's pants leg. Realizing Ash is scared, she apologizes to Ash and then James. She introduces herself as Myah.

"Ah? ...no you don't need to apologize. Ash here is a bit shy around strangers."

A couple of the others in her group notice the boy, frowning.

"Isn't that the boy that ran away?" A boy in their good says, the one that is not a beastmen.

James coughs, "Pardon?"

"No, sorry I must be mistaken. A few days ago when we were camping we saw a boy close to where we were saying, but he ran off when we tried to talk to him."

"Ash? Was that you?" James asks.

"I dunno..."

"You don't know?"

"There were adventurers, but I didn't see them."

"So, then it is most likely you?"

"...yeah..."

James pats his head.

The adventurers are intrigued, but they don't want to pry into the personal matters of the duo so they stay silent.

Some things are best left alone, for the better or worse.