19.1 Information

19.1 Information

Originally Published: July 22, 2022

Zane Pin and his daughter, Lena, eventually go on their way home. Ash watches them as they leave until they are out of sight.

James scoops Ash up into his arms and ruffles his hair. "Ash, are you doing all right?" he asks.

Ash clings to James and mumbles into the collar of his shirt.

In order to obtain a ceremonial jewel for Ash, the group needs to travel to the Holy Temple of Estra.

The hardest part is the scheduling of the appointment.

James does not know how much longer he can stay in this town. He only has to complete two more quests before he can get the information he needs on his brother. And he wants to leave in search of Gene as so as possible, after all, that is the reason he left his hometown in the first place.

Although, he also wants to help Ash figure out what's going on with the kid he is looking for.

It's frustrating.

He doesn't know what type of situation Gene is in, he could be on the brink of death, and yet, James is searching for a kid that might not exist.

James wants to believe in Ash, however, since he seems to have a natural affinity with his surroundings.

He decides to confide in Kilth, "There is so much I need to do and it seems like everything has a time limit.

"I don't know what to prioritize."

Kilth responds, "While I can't speak for you, it might be better to find the kid first. Based on what Ash has said, it seems that the kid is in the enchanted forest, so he is closer to find than your brother, and we don't know if the kid would be able to protect himself if he is in a dangerous situation." Kilth shifts his body to scoop further away from James so Ash can squeeze between them.

James sits silently for a while, "Okay, I'll go with that... thanks,"

"Of course,"

-

They travel to the Holy Temple to fill out the required forms.

The next appointment available is in the following week, which allows for time to complete the final two quests and a chance to search for the boy Ash is looking for.

The first quest they grabbed earlier is a hunting quest outside of the forest, the other quest is an herb gathering quest. Both can be done the same time, and won't take very long to complete.

They go to buy supplies the next morning before they set out to complete their quests. James carries Ash in a shawl on his chest.