9.2 Adventure at the Door

Originally Published: July 30, 2020

"We have sent a search team, but they aren't adventurers so they can only do so much..."

"I will go look for him." James says.

"James!"

"Mom, I have to go! He's my brother..."

"What about Ash?"

"I will take him with me. It won't do him much good holed up in our house; I will train him on the way."

"Are you sure that is a good idea?"

James didn't respond, however he came back into the dining room and takes Ash to their room. He starts packing.

Mostly clothes at first, a couple weeks worth. Then he sorts through his weapons and armor. He looks for a few weapons for Ash, easier tools for him to use early on.

"Are we leaving? To find brother?" Ash asks.

"Hm." James smiles, "we will leave tomorrow."

New quest unlocked! [Find Big Brother]

---

They wake early in the morning for final preparations before heading off.

James stored most of their supplies in a spatial ring while he put on his chest plates with his sword hanging on his belt. A small bag of food is also on his belt, the opposite side of his sword.

Ash got a tool belt as well. A short sword is attached to it. He jumps around, showing his excitement.

James pats Ash's head while he says, "How about you go downstairs with mom until I finish getting everything ready?"

"Mnn."

Ms. Aliard gives Ash a plate of breakfast when he comes down. "Don't want you to go hungry." She says, "ah, don't let me forget to give this to James." She sets a small leather bag down on the table, by the sounds of it, it's money.

"Why does he need that?"

"For your trip, of course."

"Oh."