19.3 Information

19.3 Information

Originally Published:  November 2, 2023

Kilth hugs Ash while James goes up to the receptionist desk to gather information on his brother, Gene. Gently rubbing Ash's back until James returns, Kilth doesn't know the best way to care for children. Though, James isn't much better- since he grew up in a small village and there weren't many children around. Kilth at least has more experience, though he has no way of knowing this detail.

James swiftly returns carrying a bundle of loose paper, Kilth silently decides to carry Ash as they walk to the inn James and Ash have been staying in. James wants to talk to Kilth after Ash is put to bed.

James starts the conversation by stating that Ash is not related to him. In fact, Ash was a run away that just so happened to end up in James' village and he only helped someone find him after he hid. How the officials said Ash's system was altered to say he had passed away and that he was not an omega, but an alpha.

"I can only assume the family were ashamed of having an omega child so they hid him away and he wasn't treated well, so he ran away."

"That's..." Kilth doesn't know what to say.

"There is not really any protocol for this situation so that's why Ash was allowed to stay with me, he can't be returned to his family, I can only hope."

James continues, "I really want to believe Ash can sense a child in the forest, tomorrow I am going back there to see if we can find any dragons or-" He sighs, "I donno,"

"I think I can help with that"

"?"

"If your searching for a dragon, they can alter the magnetism of the surrounding area, so logically you would just need to follow a compass if its in the forest."

A compass typically points to true north due to the planet's magnetic field, however a dragon can alter the magnetism of the area in order to distort the perspective of the creatures in the dragon's territory. The enchanted forest indeed has a dragon that resides there and is regarded as the ruler of the forest.

Adventurers in the area know to not anger the dragon because it keeps the balance. Dragons are not seen as a danger and thus not hunted unless they are out of control and run wild.

"There is a certain way to follow a compass to find a dragon, I can show you, I don't know if you know, but the forest does have a dragon guardian residing inside." Kilth pauses to watch James' reaction, it seems James truly didn't know.

"The dragon is peaceful, as far as dragons go, at least. Though, maybe Ash is able to sense something is wrong? Omegas tend to be more attuned to nature. Maybe the dragon is calling out for help."