8 Parents

8 Parents

Originally Published: July 16, 2020

"Mom? Dad?" James calls.

A modestly dressed lady comes down the stairs. "James, and who might this be?" She looks to Ash.

"Mom, this is Ash, uh, where's dad? Jerard said he wants to speak with him..."

She gasps, "Jerard? Ah! I'll- I will go inform your father of this."

James's mom walks off.

"Are you hungry?" James asks.

"Yes."

---

Midnight

Feet sweep over the hardwood floor. A boy peeks his head out from the corner, before pulling back. James is lounging on the sofa writing in a journal as he pretends not to notice the kid.

"James?" Ash called. He is wearing one of James's band hoodies. It almost reached his knees. James has yet to wash the clothes Jerard gave him.

"Hey, Ash. Is everything alright?"

"Nightmare." Ash curls up against James.

"Don't you worry, I'll protect you."

---

The next day James writes a letter addressed to his older brother, Willon.

Ash is curious about him, he has been since James first mentioned him, so he found entertainment in watchching James write. He tries to read the words on the page as they are placed down, Ash sounds them out and if he is struggling, James helps.

Although, Ash eventually gets bored of watching James so he steals some paper from him and a pencil to then start drawing.

What the heck is James even writing about? It's like he is making a book instead...

A knock on the door... Who could that be?