Chapter 50

New Earth- Chapter 50

Kelee's P.O.V.

I woke up to a really bright light. As I slowly got up, squinting and shielding my eyes with my hand, I realized I was facing the window. When I stood up, I closed the curtains and rubbed my eyes as I walked towards the door.

Boom! "Ahh, dammit!" I cried out as I held my stubbed toe. "Stupid bed frame." I rolled my eyes and opened the door. It was really quiet..too quiet.

I looked around and saw Jesus staring at me. "Mornin" I said while walking towards him. "Mornin" He moved over as I sat next to him.

"Chad, is he alright?" I asked. "He slept like a baby." Jesus chuckled. "Good, he needed rest." I yawned and stretched. "You needed it too." Jesus smiled as I shot my eyes straight at him. "Ya know," I began.

Marcus walked in. "Hey guys." He said. Me and Jesus greeted him. "So, what happened with Chad?" I looked at Marcus. "He's a little unstable, but, he just doesn't want anymore of us to die." Marcus looked up. "Well, we have to stick together you know." Jesus said. "Ya, I told him that." Marcus looked around. "Anything else?" I asked. "Nope, not really." He said.

Another door creaked open and there were footsteps, but this time, more than one person alone can make. And out came Michael and his daughter. Then jack came out from the hallway. The only one still sleeping was Chad.

All of us conversated about yesterday. Michael quietly suggested we had him under watch, because he didn't seem safe to have around his kid.

Chad's P.O.V.

I woke to the sound of voices mumbling. I can hear them slightly. But I instantly knew I was the topic when I heard, "..Remember yesterday, we need him on watch. He's not safe for my daughter to be around, us as well."

Do they think I'm dangerous? I thought. Am I a threat to them now? I just layed on my back and ran my fingers through my hair. I just...had a simple breakdown...doesn't everyone. I mean, in this situation, anyone could have. Kelee had one and everyone trusts her still. But me? What, is it because I'm a man? I scoffed and sat up.

I guess I'll just go to them. They might look at me funny, but whatever. I'll show them that I'm still me. They can trust me, I promise.

I opened the door and slightly cringed at the cold feeling of the tiled floors. I walked to the crowd of people, and they stopped talking and stared. It was quiet for a minute, but Marcus broke the silence.

"Hey man, good morning." He smiled. I looked around. "So what were you guys talking about?" I smiled. "Just that, maybe we should...keep moving and make it closer to the docking area." Jesus answered me.

I know your lying. I thought. "Oh, well, are we going to move?" I looked at Kelee. "Well, I think it's best that we stay here for a day or two more. We can get prepared because this time..we're going to travel a long way." She said while looking me straight in the eye.

Where the hell are we going then? if it's going to be a long way, and we need to be prepared..is it even safe? We have a child in our hands. Is she going to be safe? Can she even take care of herself? Does she even know what's out there, or what can happen out there? It might even mess up her head.