Chapter 48

New Earth- Chater 48

Chad flinched and jumped up. "No! He's...he's going to make it. He won't die! No!" Chad couldn't stay still. He stopped and stared at Danny. "Please, don't die. Please! Please!" Chad broke down. "I won't make it Chad, I'm bit. But you have to survive, you have to keep going. No matter what. All of you, keep going. You can't help me now." Danny let a tear fall from his eye and he looked up. No one spoke. "You guys were great. Kelee and Jesus, you took me and my guys in. And guys, you were there for me, like brothers, remember. Serenity, I haven't known you for too long, but I know you're good. You have a kind heart, and you are brave and smart. And Michael, you take care of your daughter." Danny said while breathing hard. He swallowed, and said "You guys are my family, don't forget. Just keep surviving, 9 more days..9.." His breath was fading along with his voice. In a minute, all movement in his body stopped, he had lost alot of blood, and the infection had spread. Chad ran to him and we all cried. But we all knew what had to be done. "Chad.." Marcus started. "I know!...just...do it." Chad walked away into the bedroom. Marcus and Jesus walked out the door with Danny's lifeless body.

When they returned, it was getting dark. So we all set up for the night. We had a big loss today, but no matter what, we had to keep on going. I went to check on Chad, he seemed hit the hardest. I walked into the room where he was, and he was sleeping. I left him to sleep, but sent Marcus to stay with him, in case of anything.