Chapter 24

New Earth- Chapter 24

I walked into the kitchen and saw a plate with eggs and bacon. Mmm, I haven't had eggs and bacon in a long time. "Who's plate of food is this?" I asked before I ate it. "It's all yours, Jack made for all of us." Marcus explained. "Awe, thanks Jack, that was nice of you." I thanked Jack and started eating. When I was done I washed my dish and sat on the couch. I rested my eyes for a little and woke up to Serenity's face right above me."Ah, oh, Serenity. You nearly gave me a heart attack. What's up?" I said then I asked. Serenity gave me a look like she was expecting something. "Ahem, what about training, when will we start. I wanna be as strong and independant as you are." Serenity said while looking me in the eye. "Well, I guess we could start now. But remember, everything I say, Goes. Ok?" I reasured her. I wanted to make sure that she understood what I meant before. "Don't worry. I got it." She said while waiting for me to get off the couch. I got up and headed to the back door. "Come." I commanded her. She followed right after. "Awesome!" I whispered. "What, what happened. What's awesome?" She asksed very curiously. "There's a deer all the way over there. I have a bow and arrow here. I'm going to teach you how to get him for dinner." I said with a determined voice. I gave her the bow and directed her. "Look at that tree right there." I pointed out. "What about it." She asked me with a lost face. "Which way is the wind blowing it?" I asked her. "It's blowing a little to the left. Why?" She asked. "Aim at the deer right in front of you. Aim slightly the opoosite way from where the wind is blowing. And aim a little bit more up, then hold your breath and let go of the arrow." I explained, then showed her how to shoot the arrow. "What if I miss?" She said in a sad voice. "Empty your mind of all other thoughts than that deer." I calmly and quietly directed her. She finally shot, but missed. The deer ran away. "Awe man, see, I'm a failure. I can't do this. I'm just going to hold you back like the others." She said. "Hey, that wasn't bad for your first try. And don't worry. There's more deer out here. Also, We wouldn't leave you like that. Family is Fanily. And you are now a part of the family." I cheered her up. "Now try again. Don't think, If you think, You end up concentrating on something else and you will lose the target. I know you can do this." I handed her an arrow, she took in a deep breath.