Chapter 26

New Earth- Chapter 26

After we ate our food, I went to go lay down some more. I was extremely exhausted. I went to the bunks and climbed up mine, and layed down. Jesus trailed after me. "Hey, are we going to do anything specific today?" He asked with a curious face. "Umm, I don't know, well, no. I'm too tired." I said while yawning. "Ok, I'll let you get your rest then." He said, then he walked away and joined the rest of the group. I heard mumbling but I didn't feel like trying to hear what they were saying. I dozed off. I dreamed of being in New Earth. Once we get there, we will be safe from those things. We won't have to live like how we are now. We can all sleep at once without shifts or worries. We can eat whatever whenever. And most importantly we won't have to watch out for moving objects other than us. Man, that would be great. I hate being in these conditions, but, then again, if I wasn't, I wwouldn't have met my group. And they are really nice once you get to know them. In a way, it's kind of good. And now, I learned that I am strong, and this is just prepping me for whatever else will come my way. (Hopefully nothing else like this comes) But, I miss my family, my little sister...... oh god. I woke up from my sleep. I sat up. "What if she's hurt right now? What If she's waiting for me to save her. What if she's in trouble, and she's crying out my name to help her?" I started to cry. "Are you ok Kelee?" Serenity asks. "Yah, I'm fine." I lied to her. I'm really not ok. Anything but ok. "No, your crying. SSomething's wrong. What happened?" She looked me in the eye and came closer. "It's just, my little sister, I lost her. Wht if she's crying out for me, or waiting for me to save her right now? I can't save her. Or what if she's....." I discontinue my sentance. I resume crying as Serenity climbs into my bunk and pats my shoulder. "You're not alone. I lost my two little brothers. Johnny was 5, and Charlie was 3. I miss them so much." I can hear her holding herself from crying. "It's ok." I finally say. "They might not be with us, but they might be in a better place. Or they're probably safe." I say to comfort both me, and her.