Chapter 18

New Earth- Chapter 18

I got in the car and started it. "What happened back ther-" I cut Danny off. "Nothing!" He fell silent. I started back out of the drive way then drove. "I'm going to see if I can get something at the store, Jesus, you're coming, the rest of you stay here and guard the car until we come back." They agreed. I got out of the car with a weapon. I steadily went in, and walked around. No one was here. You'd think that there would be many people here. Jesus followed as I went into the clothes section. "Really?" Jesus said. "Shh!" I shut him up. I started looking through the clothes, none in my size. I then went to the shoe section, I found some nice looking sneakers in my size. "You want anything?" I asked Jesus. "Nah, I'm good." He replied. All of a sudden I see movement at the corner of my eye, I turn quickly and see Chad standing there. "Chad? What did I tell you guys?" I whispered. "I was just going to see what you were getting. And the boys asked if they can get new clothes." He said softly. "I'm getting shoes, tell them they can go but they need to hurry, me and Jesus will watch the car." I told him. He ran back. then I ran to the car with Jesus and we guarded the car. The other guys went inside. About ten minutes later, I see them walk out with bags. "Hurry, get in!" I yelled softly, an waving my hand. They ran inside. I drove on a road that took a long time to reach a small neighborhood.