Chapter 15

New Earth- Chapter 15

I suddenly get a tap on my shoulder, I quickly flinch and get up. "Hey, it's just me." Jack said. "What, what happened? Anything wrong?" I quickly got out of the bed. "No, I just needed to know, when is the next person's shift?" He asked me. "Well since I'm wide awake now, I'll take the next shift and I'll wake up Danny to join me. So just lay down, get some sleep ok?" I told him. He smiled and quickly went into bed. I walked out and lightly closed the door. I looked for Danny in the other bedrooms. I finally found him. I them softly woke him up. "Danny, it's our shift now. Come and you'll watch the front. I'll watch the back." He got up and went to where he's going to watch. I found Marcus in the back. "Hey, Marcus." He smiled. "Hey." He said softly. "It's your turn to sleep ok? Go to the other bedroom over there." I pointed to the bedroom where Danny was sleeping. He nodded and while going over there he smiled. "Thanks." He smiled at me. "No problem, Now go." I said to him. I saw Danny taking position in the front of the house. I then watched the back. It wasn't that boring. I just stared around everything and then watched the glowing stars. Suddenly there's something moving in the distance. "Danny, come here quick." He seemed frightened and quickly ran to me. "Do you think that's a roamer?" I looked at him. He nodded. "Okay, I'll wait till it comes closer to see a clear sight. Then I'll go out." I said bravely. "Alright, but be careful, one scratch or bite and your done." He said cautiously. I nodded and made a new weapon. It was a slingshot. I can sling pretty much any small to medium sized object, but nothing bigger than my hand. I held it tightly, Ready to go.