Chapter 46

New Earth- Chapter 46

As it began to grow dark and we plotted ways to make sure this place was fully secure, we decided on a plan. In the morning we will carry it out.

As the morning came we all got ready. "Okay, before anything, does everyone know what they're doing? Any questions?" I looked at everyone and they nodded no. "Okay so team 1 stay here, team 2 goes to the west side..stick together, and team 3 with me, we go to the east side." I went over the plan once again before we moved out. Soon, we had all departed into our groups. As we went to the east side of the whole property, we hadn't noticed anything unusual. Everything seemed ordinary for our conditions. I had Marcus and Serenity with me. "I don't see anything bad, but, let's keep going." I said. It was still quiet. As we finished our section, we went back to the building and met up with team 1. "Anything?" Jesus asked. "No, how about you guys?" I answered. They all shook their head 'no'. Michael and his daughter just sat quiet. I was thinking about the others, it's been an hour and a half, maybe more and they're not back yet. "Have you heard from the others?" I asked and walked towards the window to look out. "No, I was going to ask you the same question." Jesus answered. "Well, since they're not back, maybe we should check on them. Can we go?" Serenity asked me and walked towards me. "Ya...ya I'll take you, Jesus, and Marcus." I was thinking while talking, so I couldn't concentrate that well.

While we looked around to see the others, we couldn't find them. Until we heard grunting and banging. I ran past Jesus and Serenity to check it out. There was Chad, Jack and Danny. Danny was on the ground holding his right side and Chad was trying to sitting besides him. Jack was finishing off some roamers. "What happened!" I screamed as I ran to Danny. Chad didn't speak, he seemed like he was unable to talk. "Guys! Help!" I called. Serenity, Jesus, and Marcus were on their way. "We have to get him inside right now!" I demanded. "Jack, are you okay?" I ran to him. "Ya, let's go inside right now, but first we have to secure this fence." Jack grabbed a wire and tied it in a zig zag pattern going down. "This should hold." He said as he tugged on it to make sure it was sturdy, then walked towards Danny. He picked Danny up and Marcus helped Chad up, and we all ran back to the mansion.