45. (Re)Living Memories

You nodded again. "I'll do everything."

"Good."

He closed his eyes and took deep breaths then touched your forehead with his thumbs.

You closed your eyes as well.

A strange feeling of lightness went through your body, similar to the feeling you got every time you had lost control.

You tried to fight the upcoming panic in your ribcage.

"My quirk enables me to give you access to all your memories and the directly connected emotions. Sometimes the memory can even go further than your conscious part remembers. It depends on how important this memory is to you and how strong the emotions are that are attached to it. I am able to feel the emotions but only you are able to see them for real." The voice of your master echoed through your skull.

"To accept and control your emotions you have to understand where they are coming from. I can feel many very powerful negative emotions. They seem to fill a large part in your heart."

The darkness surrounding you enlightened and a familiar factory came in sight.

You saw yourself and the small girl clenched behind you on your legs.

You looked wrecked.

The costume was ripped into pieces. Fear and despair was written all over your features as you glared at the villain in front of you while trying to shield the little girl behind you.

Then your brother crashed through the ceiling, stepping in between you and The Holy Priest.

Deep sadness filled your heart as you gazed at him.

You knew how this would end and you had no chance to reverse it. 

You would have done everything to change your positions.

Him living, you dying...

But you couldn't.

Your gaze shifted to The Priest.

God, what would you do to get him between your fingers now!

Hot angry hatred travelled through your system.

You hated this man so much.

All the sorrow he caused... The thought of him still being somewhere outside there and nobody capturing him drove you nearly insane.

The scene shifted.

The grey concrete of the factory changed into a small room with chairs and a table in the middle.

You saw yourself clenching the stack of papers while Keigo, Endeavour and Mirko, all in their hero costumes, stood around you.

The papers fell to the ground and you gripped onto the edge of the table.

"This means that..." You heard your own voice speak.

"Yes, the likelihood that the incident in your hometown is connected to them is very high."

"We think that an underground cult called 'The Holy Alliance' is behind these attacks." Endeavour spoke now.

"Hey, kid! Everything okay with you?" this was now Mirko.

Your previous self did not respond.

The shock you had felt back then overwhelmed you again.