4. Cans, Quirks and Cakes

____

"Okay (y/n), I'm ready! You can do it now! I trust you!"

"No! Please, put the can on the table again. I don't want to shoot it from your head! What if I hit you instead of it?!" Your five-year-old self cried to the boy. 

"We did it a thousand times now from the table. Let's do something more fun!" The young boy yelled back at you in excitement.

He was standing a few meters away from you with an old rusty can on his head while he prompted you to shoot the can.

"Or are you to weak? Hm? Come on you can do it. You hit the previous cans all perfectly! You can do it! No hesitation! " He challenged. 

You sighed. He had been right, you did hit the previous ones perfectly but this?

"No, please! I can't control it that good yet. This wouldn't take a good end!" You gave back pleading your younger brother to put the can down again.

After you had discovered your quirk your brother always wanted you to play with him and by that he meant 'training your quirks'. 

He had developed his quirk very fast even earlier than you! 

You on the opposite were a late bloomer, considering that your more than one year younger brother had discovered his quirk before you did.

"Come on (Y/n)! We both want to get the super-duper strongest heroes in the world, so we have to train! You won't hurt me! Besides, my quirk is much stronger than yours! If you accidentally would hit me, I will protect myself with my new super-special move! I want train that too, so come on!"

Well, come on (y/n)! No hesitation! If you aim a little bit higher than you did with the others you won't hurt him! He is right this quirk is already very strong so he won't get hurt... So, you hoped at least.

You readied yourself by grounding yourself with a broader stand. The recoil you felt was still very strong because you still couldn't control your quirk very precisely. You only tried aiming and shooting at targets which went pretty good so far...

"Are you still sure, we should do this?" You asked a last time. 

"Yes, I trust in you and I would always trust you with my life!" The young boy said. 

This was the last thing you needed. 

He trusted you with his lifeHis sister who had discovered her quirk only a few weeks ago and still had to experiment with it! 

You could not let him down!

You raised your hand in front of you, aimed, closed your eyes for better concentration and breathed in deeply. 

No hesitation.

A bright purple beam exploded from your hand and shot in direction of the small boy with immense speed, just to hit a same coloured barrier.

"What in the holy wide world are you two doing there?! Are you two completely dumb?!" 

This was one of the few times you had heard your mother shout and swear to you. 

She was holding both of her hands up to stabilise the barrier that had appeared only a few centimetres in front of your brother while a small coating of sweat appeared on her forehead.

She run to the both of you and let the barrier disintegrate.

"You know you can't control it that well at the moment! Why would you shoot at somebody then?!" She yelled at you. 

"I'm sorry mom. It was all my fault! I challenged her in saying she was weak if she didn't do it. It was my fault!" The young boy defended his sister. 

I'm sorry mom!! I'm so terribly sorry!! I will never do that again!!" You cried big tears.

She hugged you tightly "I'm sorry, Sweetie. I didn't mean to yell at both of you. It's just... Something terrible could have happened if I didn't...I was so worried!" 

The boy joined the hug as well now also crying and apologizing.

"Well, nothing happened really so everything is fine... More or less..." Your mother said after a while.

"But you have to promise me to never do that again! Both of you, okay?" The grip on her children tightened before she released you two again.

"Actually, I wanted to pick you both up to finish the cake. It is cold now, so I thought we could put on the cream..." 

With these words the two children stopped crying. 

"Can we put sprinkles on top as well?" You asked your mother with big swollen eyes while sniffing. 

"I also thought about that but which flavour should we choose...?" Your mother tipped on her lip in playful deep thought. 

(Your favourite flavour)!" You yelled now cheerful as nothing ever had happened.

"Yeah, and an absolutely mega giga giant amount of cream!!" Your brother added excited. 

Your mother laughed at that and stood up while grabbing a hand of each of you. "Then we should hurry up because I think (y/s/n) started already!"

And with that the children were running to the house with no speed. 

Your mother looked back again over her shoulder a last time to a now fallen over smoking tree with a large burnt part that had been ripped away.

"Are you coming, or not, mum? We will start without you if you don't hurry up!" An exited smaller version of yourself yelled to your mum.

She turned around to you. "Oh, you wouldn't dare, would you?" she said playful dramatic. 

"Maybe!!" You squeaked and ran faster to the house under laughing and screeching out of joy.

_____

~

Small childhood memory heheXD