28. Pancakes And An Unpleasant Conversation

"What's smelling so good?" A tired looking Keigo stepped out of his room rubbing his eyes with his hand. His hair stood up to all ends and his now completely regenerated feathers were messy as well.

"Oh,you are already awake?" You turned around, wearing an apron and a ladle in yourhand. "I thought I give you something back for letting me stay the night andyour help with the injures yesterday."

Keigo stepped fully into the kitchen and stopped only a few centimetres behind you when he looked you over the shoulder. "Of course. Are these pancakes?" He asked when he tried to grab one of them off a plate.

You quickly slapped his hand away. "Patience, my dear little hero." You chuckled as you turned around playfully threatening him with the ladle. "They aren't ready yet."

"Hey, your eyes changed nearly complete back to normal." He mentioned as he saw them from proximity.

"Yeah, I'm glad that they did." The relive was heard unmistakably in your reply.

When you had looked in to the mirror this morning you had facilitated found out that the glowing effect had gone down.

They now were their natural colour again, only a few speckles of purple remembered of their previous change.

"My mom made these on special occasions and I guess after yesterday we really earned us these." You explained as you took out the last pancakes and placed them on the plate.

Keigo snatched one of the still warm pancakes and shoved it inside his mouth. "Wow, thethe are goog!" He managed to get out before he gulped down. "Could really get used to waking up like this. Wanna' move in?" His usual cocky grin appeared.

"You wish." You teased. "Come on. Let's eat on the table before you eat all of them here already." You smiled, took the plates and went to the table in the living room. Keigo following you with two cups of coffee and the half-eaten pancake in hand.

After you had eaten these gorgeous fluffs, you both made a quick stop at your place. You really didn't want to get to the agency wearing only a shirt and having to answer strange questions about it.

When you had arrived at the agency, Hayate approached you two. The incident last night had also left its marks on him. His left arm was bandaged as well as his hand.

"Hey you two!" He jelled cheerful and waved with his bandaged arm while carrying a few files in his other. "What a scene last night, eh?" He laughed. "And what a debut, (Y/n)! Or should I say 'Purple Flash'?" He nudged you playfully.

"Yeah, well... I didn't exactly plan this." You admitted shyly.

Then he turned to Keigo. "Man, she really let you look old. The clip with you getting hit by the shock wave went viral over night!" He took out his phone and started playing a video.

It showed the same clip you had seen on the news and also a few other perspectives. They showed Hawks approaching you and getting hit by the wave. This part got edited in several different versions like slapping sounds edited in or him getting hit to the beat of music.

"Well, I guess I became another meme?" Keigo snorted.

"This video has already more than three million views?! How is that possible? I mean this could only be uploaded a few hours ago?" You noted.

"This is the internet. Everything is possible, honey." Hayate laughed.

You looked at the promoted videos on the side as well. One of them caught your attention.

"What is that?" You pointed on the thumbnail.

"Ahh... N-Nothing. You know the usual unimportant content." He quickly wanted to put his phone away but you had red the title anyway.