34. Revenge or Combat Training

The elevator's doors opened with a soft sound.

You stepped out into the room you had not put a foot in for more than a week.

You breathed in deeply. The well-known smell of clean filtered air filled your nostrils.

You had really missed the training room but there was one thing you missed even more...

The warm feeling that had travelled up and down your skin when you activated your quirk.

You had no idea how you had survived the last year in your hometown without using it.

The last week had felt like ages without the thrill of it. Without the tides of hot energy flowing through your system, through your body which you only felt, if you activated your quirk in the full extent.

It almost felt like your body longed for it, like it wanted to activate your quirk again, with or without your permission and this scared you.

As much as you wanted to get the high of the feeling of plasma flowing through your system and suit, as much the thought of you losing control again scared you and prevented you from doing so.

Something had changed deep down inside of you, that you were sure of. But what it had been, you had no clue.

This unknowing about yourself, about your own body, mixed with the constant fear of losing control and might hurting someone tore your mind apart and ate you up from the insides.

Not to mention the new information about the incident in your hometown that had thrown you from your feet as well.

The evidence that there had been more raids like the one that had stolen your brother from you put another complexion on things.

You were one hundred percent sure that the raids somehow were connected to each other. The stigma was a too great coincidence to be random for real. It angered you deeply that there had been more of them and nobody had stopped them until now.

How many people had been thrown into sorrow and misery as well because of them?

And why did nobody try to stop them?!

It really frustrated you and pure anger swelled up your throat every time you thought of it.

---

You had to grab onto the table in front of you to not breakdown.

Your head started spinning.

Your stomach turned. "This means that..."

"Yes, the likelihood that the incident in your hometown is connected to them is very high."

"We think that an underground cult called 'The Holy Alliance' is behind these attacks." Endeavour added.

"Hey, kid! Everything okay with you?" Mirko asked alarmed as she saw your heavy reaction to the new information.

You couldn't respond.

The shook sat too deep, crawled itself up your body, paralyzed you.

You looked up to Endeavour again when you spoke after you had caught yourself a little. "When are you planning on arresting them?"

His gaze still burned on your skin but you didn't back down.

"We do not have enough evidence that will be enough to get them all. It seems like the cult has won many followers but we have no idea who could be a part of them or who leads them."