Part 27: The Mission

The house was in mayhem.

All 15 members currently in action were racing around the house. Either yelling at other members to help them, get out of the way, or racing around to grab their last supplies before heading into the garage.

Renjun was currently in the weapons room getting his mission gear on and into place. He couldn't help but shiver as the last remanents of the colder months seeped through his thin layer of clothing, leading him to rush to pull his vest and harness on. Jungwoo, Xiaojun, Hendery, and Jaehyun were with him, checking their weapons belts and guns to make sure everything was in place.

"Jun," a voice pulled his attention up from his belt and he unintentionally let out the biggest smile he could before he could stop himself.

"Oh, uh, hey Hyuck," he stumbled over his words awkwardly and internally cursed at himself as Donghyuck bounced towards him.

"You seem happy regardless of the circumstances," Donghyuck teased with a wide smile and Renjun nodded, leaning back against the table behind him. He pretended not to notice the other members blatantly looking at the two of them behind Donghyuck's back.

Renjun's eye roomed over the other's face, taking the time to truly soak in how gorgeous Donghyuck was. From his curly golden-brown hair that was starting to grow into a little mullet to his flawless skin. 

God, I just wanted to kiss him.

Renjun widened his eyes at his own thoughts and internally panicked before focusing back to Donghyuck who was staring at him expectantly with a small grin that threatened to develop into a laugh. Did he say something and Renjun missed it?

"I-I'm sorry did you say something?" Renjun really wanted to dig himself into a hole. What, suddenly he gets his memories back and he can't talk or function as a human being? Donghyuck just laughed in response.

"I said that I missed seeing you around yesterday and then asked if you needed any help getting ready," Donghyuck titled his head to the side and smiled brightly, his eyes starting to close into little crescents. Without waiting for a response, Donghyuck moved closer and helped to tug the harness around Renjun's shoulders. "Promise me you'll be careful okay?" Renjun inhaled softly as his stomach fluttered with nerves and just stared.

"Promise me you'll be safe," Donghyuck tightened his fingers around his jacket and Renjun felt his hands tremoring through the fabric. Renjun briefly thought about the mission he was going on and frowned. It was a routine mission, nothing special or out of the ordinary. He just looked at the boy in front of him and placed his hands over Donghyuck's. Renjun looked down into those striking brown eyes that complimented his carefree face, which was unusually serious now.

"I'm always safe," Renjun smiled slightly at him, bringing Donghyuck's hands up to his mouth and kissing them softly. Renjun's heartbeat quickened as he looked into the flustered boy's face whose cheeks were turning a light red. Renjun just wanted to kiss the boy until they were both breathless, but Taeyong was giving him a 'look' out of the corner of his eyes.

"You have your communicator right?" Donghyuck joked and Renjun laughed before motioning to the piece in his ear.

"I'll be back before you know it."

Renjun whispered softly and Donghyuck's fingers fumbled with the last buckle. He apologized half-heartedly before quickly fixing the last piece of Renjun's gear. Donghyuck took a step back and looked over Renjun before smiling with a satisfied nod. He then looked up with his mouth open to say something but stopped. His eyes wandered around Renjun's face and Renjun couldn't help himself. He took a step towards Donghyuck.