Part 29: Grudges That Don't Fade

⚠️ WARNING: Blood, torture, panic attacks, death ⚠️

Renjun flipped the next page of his book and absentmindedly began to read the next sentences. He had been doing this for the past couple of pages and he was sure that he really wouldn't be able to recall any of the events which he had supposedly read.

Sure, Renjun would usually find himself encaptured in one of the many novels that the library had to offer but today, especially today, with his boyfriend snuggled into his chest as they cuddled on their shared beanbag, Renjun's mind was not focused on the typed words.

He stole a glance towards the boy curled up against his chest, arms wrapped tightly around his torso as he peacefully slept on. Renjun resisted the urge to laugh at how cute Donghyuck looked and he pushed his reading glasses back up his nose, looking back to his book.

Renjun liked their little corner of the library. Donghyuck had practically screamed bloody murder when he burst through the front door the other day holding a giant beanbag in his arms. He had forced Renjun to follow him and they had gone into the back corner of the library where Donghyuck had proudly dumped the beanbag and declared it their new spot. Of course, Donghyuck had also chosen to get some tacky lamp from somewhere in the house and add it, thus finishing the creation of their new spot.

Renjun certainly wasn't one to complain as he would sit down to read and not even a couple of minutes later Donghyuck would come waltzing in and plop himself into Renjun's arms, curling up to go to sleep. Just as he had today.

Donghyuck shifted in his arms and Renjun looked down, finally placing his book to the side and choosing to hug his lover instead. Renjun watched with the utmost adoration as Donghyuck groggily opened his eyes to look up at him, giving him a half-asleep smile.

"Don't wake up okay Junnie? You'll be okay here alright?"

Renjun looked at him with confusion. What wa-

Renjun jolted as freezing water slashed across his face and he gasped for air and he slowly came to. Renjun moved to push the water out of his face but blinked the water out of his eyes in confusion when he found he couldn't move. He tugged his hands against some sort of constraint behind his back and after a moment or two, he realized it was rope. He quickly pushed any lingering exhaustion from his body as he tugged at his legs, realizing the same.

Renjun's head spun as his gaze flickered around the room. From what he could tell he was constrained to a chair and in some sort of basement. The bare, concrete room was covered in mold and other sorts of grit, from what he could clearly see at least. The room had only been lit by a couple of stray lights here and there, creating corners and spots of complete darkness.

However, Renjun's focus moved past the room and quickly focused on the malicious grin sporting a man's face in front of him. Dark brown hair growing into a mullet, dozens of rings adorning his slender fingers, and dark clothes complimenting his long, slender body.

There was so doubt this was Chae Hyungwon.

Renjun's luck was certainly bad today.

"Glad to see you've finally joined us," Hyungwon sneered and flung the empty metal bucket at Renjun, hitting him directly in the face. Renjun took a deep breath and spit out the blood beginning to fill his mouth. He ignored the throbbing pain enveloping his jaw and rolled his gaze back to glare at the smirking boy in front of him. "Been a long time Renjun."

"I'm sorry, do we know each other?" Renjun raised his eyebrows and let out a short laugh when rage fell over the other's face. He stalked over and grabbed the collar of Renjun's shirt, pulling Renjun's face close to his own.