Part 36: Back in the Field

Donghyuck's hands expertly tied his necktie under the collar of his white button-up and he glanced into the floor-length mirror. He scrunched up his nose in disgust. He flung the tie off and began to unbutton the collared shirt, flinging that off to the side as well, leaving him in ironed black slacks.

"Fuck it, tell Taeyong I'm not going." Donghyuck huffed and turned back to his closet, flicking hopelessly through his shirts. He could hear Renjun scoff from his bed.

"Stop being a drama queen. Ask Lucas if you need help deciding."

Donghyuck threw Renjun an ungrateful look before sliding his closet door closed and looking around the room. He grumbled at his lack of options and then looked back to Renjun who was lounging on the edge of his bed. He looked over Renjun once. Then twice.

"What size shirt do you wear?"

"Why the fu-"

"Just answer the damn question!"

"Small you bitch."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and walked over to his closed bedroom door, threw it open, took a couple of steps, and flung Renjun's bedroom door open. He strode across the clean room and opened Renjun's closet doors. He shifted through for any possible items he could borrow and his eyes widened at what his hand happened to glaze over.

He practically yanked it out of the closet and his jaw dropped when the light hit it. He spun on his heel and crossed the hallway, holding the shirt in front of him as he walked back into his bedroom.

"Renjun what the hell is this?!" He yelled and shoved it into Renjun's surprised hands. He watched as Renjun's face went from surprised to mortified.

"Oh wow, I forgo-"

"Don't give me that shit!" Donghyuck cried and flopped down onto the bed, one arm thrown over his face. "My boyfriend is a whore!"

"What?!" Renjun protested and threw the shirt onto Donghyuck's stomach. "I really forgot I had this, I never used it! Honest! Lucas made me buy it a while ago."

"Your excuses mean nothing to me," Donghyuck lamented and sat up, holding the shirt up to the ceiling light. The problem was that he could see the ceiling light. "Completely see-through," Donghyuck said with faux disappointment, shaking his head as Renjun began to protest again.

"Really-"

"I'm going to wear it."

"Huh?" Renjun's voice went up with slight panic as Donghyuck unbuttoned the shirt and slid it over his bare shoulders. "Oh no you're not, people might get the wrong idea!"

"And what's that?" Donghyuck asked teasingly as he stood up and examined his outfit in the mirror. He smiled and nodded, turned to the side to get a full-body look. He tucked the front of the sheer shirt into his black pants and clicked his tongue.

The shirt the Renjun had 'supposedly forgotten about' was a completely sheer, black long-sleeve shirt with white paint splatters all over to provide a slight amount of decency. It paired perfectly with his slacks for an all-black outfit and seemed perfect for an annual mafia party filled with dancing, drugs, and alcohol.

"That people will assume you don't have a boyfriend!" Renjun grumbled and Donghyuck glanced over to give a point look at the very flustered yet jealous boy. Renjun had a pout on his face and furrowed eyebrows that contrasted the blush rising on his cheeks. Donghyuck smiled and walked over, ruffling Renjun's hair affectionately.

Donghyuck saw Renjun wince at the contact but he elected to ignore it for now, something he probably wouldn't have done a month ago. If he was going to help Renjun he was going to do it the way he had done it before, when they had first met each other.