Part 22: Watched

Donghyuck felt steady puffs of breath hit his collar bone and the slight pressure of arms wrapped around his waist as he slowly opened his eyes. The hot breaths of air rolled across Donghyuck's neck and tufts of brown hair tickled his chin.

It only took him a second to identify the boy in his arms.

Huang Renjun.

Donghyuck moved his hands that were loosely placed on Renjun's back to bring the sleeping boy closer to his chest. Renjun's legs wrapped tighter around his own as well as his arms around Donghyuck's waist.

Donghyuck smiled softly and let out a quiet yawn as his eyes furiously blinked and he started to wake up more. He stretched out his legs and they brushed against Renjun's legs which intertwined delicately around his own.

A small noise of annoyance left the mouth of the boy pressed close against his chest as he was unwillingly pulled from his dreams.

Donghyuck watched in slight amusement as Renjun shifted and groaned, his hands clutching onto the back of Donghyuck's t-shirt as he started to stretch his waking body.

"Good morning," Donghyuck murmured lowly and felt Renjun still in his arms. Donghyuck could practically hear the gears whirling in Renjun's head. He let out a laugh as Renjun pushed himself away from Donghyuck's body and scrambled back on the messy bed, staring wide-eyed at him.

Donghyuck propped himself up on his hand and let out a teasing smile as Renjun's mouth opened and closed with no sound coming out.

"Please hold me." Donghyuck whined and Renjun's eyes flared, along with his face that turned bright red. Donghyuck was promptly met with a pillow to the face and he groaned as Renjun pulled it back to hit him again. "Alright, alright! I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Donghyuck ran his fingers through his hair as he laid down and stared at Renjun who was sitting on the bed next to him, hands tightly gripping the pillow placed in his lap. Donghyuck was rubbing his hands on his face when Renjun spoke.

"I'm sorry I made you upset. I didn't mean to."

Donghyuck blinked in surprise before smoothly shifting to sit up as he processed Renjun's words.

"Renjun don't worry about that," Donghyuck waved his hands dismissing the apology, "yes, I was a bit angry because you held Mark's hands but that was a huge thing for you and I was just being stupid." He reassured and Renjun's face turned a brighter red to Donghyuck's confusion.

"We, uh, we cuddled." Renjun cleared his throat and diverted his gaze to everywhere but Donghyuck's face as Donghyuck felt a smile come onto his face.

"We did," he teased, enjoying this new flustered Renjun in front of him. Something told him this wasn't a once in a while thing, that this was a part of the real Renjun. "How do you feel?" He added as he looked at Renjun's bandaged hands.

"I-I'm okay," Renjun started, also looking at his hands, "I don't know why, but I'm okay. That was actually the best sleep I've gotten in a while." He laughed softly and Donghyuck joined him, making a noise of agreement. It had been the most peaceful sleep he had gotten in a while too.

"As long as you're okay Jun," he yawned and stretched his arms upwards, shifting to throw the covers off of him. He stood up and stretched even more, Renjun moving to join him as they both woke their bodies up. Donghyuck winced as Renjun cracked his neck and then tugged his fingers a bit too harshly through his messy hair. "Hey, be a bit kinder to your hair okay?"

Renjun blinked and then stared as his hand as if surprised, like he hadn't meant to do it. "Oh, oh sorry. I guess it's just a bad habit." He said quietly as he continued to stare at his hand. Donghyuck decided to drop it but made a mental note to ask him why he had been so bothered. It might just be Donghyuck over-analyzing him.