Part 34: The Exploding Mail Truck

(I'm sorry but I NEED TO PUT IT) - ⚠️WARNING: mentions of rape and torture⚠️

Renjun gripped harshly onto Donghyuck's arm as he placed one foot after another down the wooden staircase. Donghyuck's eyebrows were furrowed with worry as Renjun's face contorted into pain as he placed another foot on the ground. Mark was waiting at the bottom of the steps with Renjun's crutches in his hand, worry written all over his face as well as they both watched Renjun.

Technically, they weren't supposed to be doing this.

Yes, Sicheng had specifically told them that Renjun was not to walk until two weeks after he had first woken up but on Renjun's 7th day of being conscious, he refused to stay in bed any longer. The only reason Donghyuck was helping him was that Renjun had declared that he was going to walk with or without Donghyuck and like hell, he was going to let Renjun walk by himself.

Thus he had enlisted the help of Mark who had been extremely bored as some of the members had gone out to clear up some misconceptions with some of the other mafia districts, seeing as they had deliberately crossed into Monsta X's territory with malicious intent. This would be cleared up immediately with some explanations on their purpose and what had occurred. In addition, Mark was antsy to help Renjun in any way he could after what had happened.

"Hey Mark, what are you doing with Renjun's crutches?" Sicheng's voice called out from the hallway and Mark's eyes widened in panic, as did Renjun's and Donghyuck's. Without hesitating or asking any sort of permission, Donghyuck bent down and hooked his arm under Renjun's knee, lifting him into his arms. Renjun stiffened and Donghyuck internally cursed himself as Renjun's breathing started to become more erratic.

"Just hold on a second sweetheart." Donghyuck whispered and he caught Renjun nodding his head tersely.

Sicheng turned the corner and his eyes immediately went to them, Donghyuck giving him a charismatic smile and Renjun gave a tense wave. Mark was giving Sicheng a fake smile, his eyes showing that they were obviously guilty of something and Donghyuck wanted to smack the two of them. Was it really so hard to mask some sort of emotion for them?

"Hey, Sicheng," Donghyuck gave him a curious look, walking down the stairs with Renjun in his arms as if that was what he had originally been doing. "Going to check in on Yuta?"

Sicheng looked taken aback and looked down at himself and his clothes before looking back at Donghyuck, squinting his eyes. "Was it that obvious?"

"You forget sweet Sicheng, I am fully functioning now." Donghyuck gave him a wink and Sicheng rolled his eyes, Donghyuck catching Mark doing the same. "It's around noon which means Jeno and Yuta are in the garage and unaware of how time passes. Thus, you must complete your daily activity of telling Yuta and Jeno to grab some food. If that wasn't telling enough, you're wearing Yuta's shirt and I can see a bit of anticipation in your eyes. Quite possibly from not seeing Yuta this morning and this being your first interaction of the day."

Donghyuck gave Sicheng his best award-winning smile as the three others looked at him in shock.

"I...forgot how annoying that was," Sicheng scrunched up his nose and gave Donghyuck an exasperated look, "Is there any chance we can erase your memories again?"

Mark gave a surprised cough and began to choke on his spit as Donghyuck's mouth dropped in shock at the suggestion and Renjun gasped. Sicheng just laughed at their reactions and walked past the group. Mark, Renjun, and Donghyuck watched with mouths open as Sicheng sauntered out of sight.

"Did, did he really just say that?" Mark asked almost absentmindedly and Donghyuck muttered a small 'yeah', still not believing that that had just happened. Donghyuck quickly shifted Renjun out of his arms and kept his hands on his arms until Renjun had steadied himself.