Part 7: A Lead

"HGD-8721" the younger Chinese turned around to face Renjun who was leaning over him to get a closer look at the monitor.

"Where is it now?" Renjun questioned and the boy turned back around, fingers moving across the keyboard with a certain grace to it. Renjun winced as he absentmindedly touched the blackening bruise on his arm from when he hit the ground at the convenience store.

"Kind of stupid not to cover their license plate," a voice pondered from behind him and he turned to face the older mechanic, "It's got the feeling of a trap Renjun, I don't think you should be following this lead alone."

"Kun Hyung, you're old and you haven't felt the sense of adventure ever since your bones started cracking" Chenle turned around in his chair to look pointedly at the offended male, "Renjun is NCT's top assassin and hitman, he'll be just fine." He concluded, turning back to type furiously at the keyboard.

"Trust me Kun Hyung, I don't need any backup," Renjun said cooly and turned to face Chenle's monitor. Kun let out a noise of disapproval but moved forward to the other side of Chenle's chair.

"It looks like they took the route through Yongsan-Gu and across Dongiak Bridge," Chenle clicked through the CCTV footage that tracked them through the city, "They stopped at a warehouse right outside of Seoripul Park."

"So close to a half-hour to get there," Kun concluded as they looked at the convenient trail the attackers had left behind.

"I'll have to borrow one of Yuta Hyung's baby's," Renjun commented and the other two laughed.

"Make sure you're not caught leaving with one, he'll seriously murder you." Chenle laughed and Renjun gave him a short pat on his shoulder as he turned to leave the room.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone but if I'm not back by this time tomorrow tell them where I went and who I was chasing." Renjun turned to look at the two boys who were now solemn, nodding to show they understood.

"You realize that's sf9's area," Chenle started to say nervously and Renjun cut him off with a nod.

"I'm aware, what I don't know is why they have beef with us all of a sudden," Renjun sighed and ran his fingers roughly through his hair, cracking his neck, "We haven't had contact with them in more than 3 months."

"Just stay safe Renjun, and stop that silly habit of yours." Kun cut in and Renjun rolled his eyes as he exited the computer room. Renjun strode through the base towards the weapons room. Jisung wouldn't be there since he was at the hospital. Renjun strode in and grabbed a belt, shrugging off his blood-stained coat as he strapped it over his shoulder and around his waist.

He grabbed a handgun and hooked it through his belt loop before attacking several packs of ammo to the pockets on the belt. He then flipped open Jungwoo's case of knives and grabbed the set of four throwing knives, sliding them into sleeves he had under his shirt cuffs. Two on each side.

He shrugged his coat back over his body and walked out, trying to make his way to the garage without alerting anyone. He finally reached the garage after almost bumping into Lucas who was looking for him. Renjun smirked as he made his way over to Yuta's most prized motorcycle, a mostly yellow vehicle with hints of black. Renjun grabbed the helmet that was hanging off one of the side mirrors and tossed it to the ground before placing himself on the seat.

He turned the keys that were waiting ready in the ignition and laughed to himself as the roar of the engine revved and turned into a soft purr. He pressed the button on the key chain that opened the garage and just as the door opened all the way the garage door flung open.

Renjun laughed as Yuta's furious expression and threw him a wink before flipping him off as he kicked the kickstand up and stepped on the gas.

"Being safe doesn't get results," Renjun responded to Kun's earlier wish as he sped out of the driveway.