Part 10: Taeyong

"Promise me you'll be safe," Donghyuck felt himself say as he tightened the boy's jacket around him, hands tremoring as he thought about the danger the boy was putting himself in. He felt warm hands cover his own and he looked up into striking brown eyes that complimented that usual stern face.

"I'm always safe," the brown-haired boy smiled slightly at him, bringing Donghyuck's hands up to his mouth and kissing them. Donghyuck felt his heartbeat quicken at the love and lust-filled gaze the older was giving him and he could feel his cheeks start to heat up.

"You have your communicator right?" Donghyuck joked and the other boy laughed before motioning to the piece in his ear. He moved to respond but Donghyuck couldn't hear the words that were coming out of his mouth. Only damp muffling entered his ears and he tried to shake it out so he could hear the other.

Donghyuck jolted as the boy started to slip out of his grasp, his hands scrambled for the older as he tried to grab ahold of his jacket again.

"Promise you'll wait for me?" The brown-haired boy smiled softly at Donghyuck as he screamed for the other to come back, watching in horror as blood started to seep down from the other's hairline, covering his face.

Donghyuck felt hands shaking him and he woke, blinking his eyes groggily. His eyes opened to meet the same striking brown eyes and he jolted up. "It's you! You left me!" He blurted out half-asleep and watched confused as shock came onto the other boy's face.

"What?" He spat at the other and grimaced, "We've never met before."

Donghyuck blinked, his eyes glancing over at Jisung who was looking at him with what looked like bewilderment and then back to the brown-haired boy.

Renjun.

Shit.

How could he have mistaken the warm boy in his dreams with this cold and harsh mafia member? He shook his head and massaged his temple, trying to chase away the lingering pain left by the boy who had slipped out of his grasp.

"Did you have another nightmare?" Jisung asked and Donghyuck pretended to miss the interest that sparked in Renjun's eyes. He nodded and his friend frowned, moving to give him a bag. "I thought those had stopped. We can talk about it later, we need to get moving now." Donghyuck just nodded, the dream still plaguing his mind as he stood up. Pain spiked through his leg and he buckled as it couldn't support his weight. Donghyuck felt arms grab his own and lift him back to stand up.

Donghyuck looked up at Renjun whose face was way too close to his own and whose hands were still gripping his arms tightly. "Watch your step," Renjun growled at him as he pushed him away, almost causing him to fall again. Donghyuck watched as Renjun stalked out of the room and he turned back to Jisung who was wiggling his eyebrows.

"It looks like he likes you," Jisung teased and Donghyuck threatened to hit him as he began to pack some of his clothes together. He glanced at the clock and did a double-take. Why were they up at 5:30? Soon enough he and Jisung were making their way out of his room after he checked that he had all his necessities.

They met Renjun in the kitchen who was scrawling a quick note on a piece of paper for his mom and Jeno so they wouldn't worry. Donghyuck made his way over and groaned when he had seen what Renjun had written.

We've taken your son, he won't be back until we're sure he's safe.

He glared at Renjun who gave him a 'what's wrong with this note' look and Donghyuck crumbled it up before writing a much nicer and reassuring note.

Mom, I'm safe and healthy but there are still people after me. I'll be back when I'm sure I'm safe. Don't worry, I can handle myself. I'll be back before you know it. I love you. Make sure Jeno doesn't steal my room.