Part 23: Haechan

A/N: okay literally because of your love and support and the fact that I love each and every single one of you readers I'm going to double update :))). That and I really like this chapter so I couldn't really wait.

___________________

"Alright let's pull him out," Taeil called up to the front of the van, and Ten smacked the divider to confirm that he heard his statement. Renjun crouched in front of the back doors, hands positioned to open them at any moment.

"He's coming around the corner. Clear for now." Yuta called back from the driver's seat and it seemed as if everyone was holding their breaths. Seconds ticked by at a painstakingly slow rate and Renjun felt a trickle of sweat slide down the back of his neck.

"He's almost at the back, Renjun be ready t-hold on there's a guy running down the sidewalk towards him. Open the doors now," Yuta screamed and everything snapped back into motion. Renjun shoved the doors open and jumped out, whirling around to look into Mark's shocked eyes.

"Go," was the only thing that Renjun yelled and he leaped towards Mark to grab his jacket and pull him towards Chenle's outstretched hands. Renjun raised his gun at the now three guys that were racing towards the van with their own guns outstretched. In two easy blows, two bodies fell but the third dropped to the ground and fired his gun right at Renjun.

"Hyung let's go!" Chenle shouted from the van as a bullet buried itself into Renjun's arm. He let out a growl and without much preparation, he shot the third man right between the eyes. His eyes flickered to the corner to see more men running towards him and he spun on his heel. He raced to the back of the van which was now driving away and he dug the balls of his feet into the ground.

His feet thudded against the stiff pavement under him and wind shot through his hair. Shots rang out behind him as he started to breathe harder, adrenaline kicking through his system.

His eyes focused on the figures of Mark and Chenle reaching out their hands and begging for him to run faster as Yuta sped away, unable to stop as protocol directed. He leaned harder on the balls of his feet as his arms pumped faster against the wind, picking up his speed.

The back of the van was getting closer and Renjun reached out his hand to grab the handle of the door, vaulting himself onto the floor of the back of the van with ease. The doors were pulled shut just as the indent of a bullet buried itself into the metal by Renjun's head.

Renjun's eyes flickered between Chenle, Taeil, and Mark's faces as his chest heaved, struggling to catch his breath, his arm stinging in pain. He then turned to Mark with a dry smile as he clutched his arm to staunch the bleeding.

"Welcome back Mark."

___________________

"Renjun Hyung!" A worried voice called out as the group unloaded out of the van and his attention turned to the boy now racing towards him across the front lawn.

"Do-"

"Sicheng's waiting in the medical bay," Donghyuck rushed out and grabbed the edge of Renjun's sleeve, dragging Renjun towards the front door, "how could you be so careless?" the younger lectured as soon as they entered the house and Renjun stopped, causing Donghyuck to stop as well.

"I'm fine Hyuck, I'm not going to die," he said calmly and watched as Donghyuck's angry and worried face melted into a softer expression. Then right back to angry as he looked at Renjun's bleeding arm.

"There could still be an infection dumbass and it doesn't look like you're fine shortie," Donghyuck continued to drag Renjun to the medical bay.

It had been two weeks since Mark had been undercover in Monsta X's base. Surprisingly, it wasn't too hard to get him there and they had gotten enough information to organize the raid that Renjun had brought up in his original plan.