Part 42: What the Hell is YangYang Doing Here Pt. 2

The quiet squeak of a dry-erase marker filled the small office room. Donghyuck felt his stomach rumble in hunger but he simply ignored it, marking down another spot on the almost completely filled board.

People filled in and out of the room, now back to being Yukhei and Donghyuck's office again, and stood, watching him work. He was sure that they had no idea what he was writing, or mapping for that matter. Nothing would make sense to anyone else unless he wanted them too, hell, even Yukhei wouldn't know.

It was a map of EXO's territory, their weak spots, and areas that NCT could successfully attack without major repercussions. Black, red, and blue dots covered the whiteboard, each with bulleted shorthand next to it. Things that wouldn't make sense if you just happened to look at the board. Donghyuck had developed his own type of shorthand years ago when he had seen Taeil jotting notes to himself during a mission. He had explained that he wrote whatever he needed in writing that only he would understand, that way people who he didn't want reading it wouldn't be able too.

With an impending war with EXO about to explode any day, Donghyuck felt anxious enough to pick up the habit again. It helped him to remain reserved in his thoughts and stable in the reassurance that he was the only one with access to his own ideas.

He heard a creak behind him and turned to see Renjun leaning against the doorframe, a plate of various sandwiches in his hand. Donghyuck's stomach grumbled again and he put the marker down, giving Renjun a sheepish look.

"I was just going to grab something to eat, don't give me that look!" Donghyuck cried out when Renjun's eyebrows went up and disappointment seemed to radiate off of him. He happily took the place of food from Renjun's hand, pressing an apologetic kiss on his forehead before moving to sit down on the rug in front of the whiteboard.

Renjun followed him, eyes going to look at the whiteboard. Donghyuck watched with what was almost a sense of pride as Renjun furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the illegible scribbles. "Did you just spend the last three hours in here scribbling on the board?" Donghyuck shook his head in response, mouth full of the delicious sandwiches that Renjun had given him. He swallowed the food down, gesturing to the top corner which had the most concentrated area of shorthand.

"EXO's territorial control is throughout the Seocho-gu district of Seoul; however, their territory of control has expanded into the Dongjak-gu and Gwanak-gu districts." Donghyuck began to explain, looking over his notes that he marked on the haphazard board. Renjun simply nodded, waiting for him to continue. "Their main area of control is in the textile industry. The textile industry and overseas shipments of various products through the Han River. This excludes their tendency to terrorize smaller mafia groups in the area into entering a one-sided allyship, in which they deplete their resources until they're no longer useful."

"I didn't know they were ruthless to that extent." Renjun murmured thoughtfully and Donghyuck nodded.

"No one does. It's not known to any of the organizations within South Korea, that's the way they keep it." Donghyuck finished the last sentence and Renjun turned to him, a question posed at the tip of his tongue.

"Then how do yo-"

"Renjun, Donghyuck," Jungwoo turned the corner, ushering for them to follow him, "They're leaving." Jungwoo left just as quickly as he had come in except with Renjun and Donghyuck right behind him. Donghyuck felt a wave of sadness come over him as they walked into the living room, everyone in the house talking and yelling over each other as two of their own stood by the doorway.

Mark's eyes briefly met his own before they flickered to the other brown-haired boy practically sprinting towards him. Donghyuck had to stifle a laugh as Renjun tackled Mark into a hug, pride rising in his chest as he saw how easy the two interacted, especially with Renjun's phobia. He couldn't control the smile that rose on his face as he watched the two interact, happy that they had become such good friends.