Part 26: The Day Before

A/N: Had to include this chapter for y'all () ^3^

___________________________

Yuta rubbed the grease that was beginning to stick to his forehead and leaned away from his motorcycle. He let out a tired sigh and tugged his gloves off, throwing them off to the side. He could feel a headache coming on but he just leaned back on his hands and looked over his work.

He had gotten most of the scratches off the side, finished doing his routine check, and fixing up the motor. He glanced over at the three motorcycles he had left and let out a small groan. Yuta needed to make sure all of the motorcycles and one of the vans were in perfect conditions for their mission tomorrow. Nothing could go wrong, so here he was where he always was before missions. Fixing.

The creak of the garage door caught his attention and he turned, a tired smile peaking onto his face.

"Hey, I brought you some water, you masochist," Sicheng laughed and walked over to where Yuta was sitting. "How's it coming along?"

Yuta gratefully took the water bottled and twisted the cap off, chugging the drink in seconds. He twisted the cap back onto the empty bottle and handed it back to Sicheng who was still standing off to his side.

"It's coming along. I still have more work to do. Kind of hard now that I have one less hand in here." Yuta grumbled and Sicheng gave a noise of agreement.

"I'm sure it's hard for him too Yuta." Sicheng leaned over to ruffle his sweaty hair, letting out a small laugh. "Make sure not to stay up too late, we need you on the top of your game tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine. Don't worry about me," Yuta swatted Sicheng's hand away and fixed his messy hair. He gave Sicheng a small smile and offered a tiny wave as the other walked back into the house, out of the stuffy garage. He looked back to his work and reached out to grab his gloves. "I'll be fine."

____________________

Sicheng was taking inventory of the supplies needed for tomorrow in case of emergencies. He wouldn't be able to stitch anyone up until they got back to the house but he brought precautionaries to help stop any bleeding or splits for any broken bones.

Bandage rolls? Check.

Clean towels? Check.

Boards and medical tape? Check.

Alcohol for disinfecting and drinking? Check.

Sicheng pushed all of the supplies into one duffle bag and made a mental note to put it in the van later when Yuta was out of the garage. He didn't want to disrupt the stressed member more than once. Especially when his best help was out of commission for the time being.

Sicheng zipped up the bag and stood up, cracking his back to release the pressure on some of his joints. He massaged the back of his neck and looked around the empty medical room, praying that it wouldn't be full by tomorrow night.

Then his mind turned to Renjun. When Sicheng had found him, blood staining his torn clothes with bruises all over his body and scarred eyes, he couldn't help but take responsibility for him. In some way, he was glad Taeyong had been shot that day. It was what brought Renjun into their little, dysfunctional family. Sometimes, he would wonder how different it would be without Renjun but he always forced himself to not dwell on it for too long. Renjun was one of the best parts of his life. No matter how he thought of it, Renjun changed him.

"Sicheng."

Sicheng shook himself out of his thoughts and looked up at the door where said brown-haired boy was standing.