Epilogue pt. 1

*3 months later - July 5th*

     Today is the day. The big day that I've been waiting on. By the end of today I will be Mrs. Adams.

    I look out my bedroom window as the rising sun makes its appearance. Birds chirp and the breeze blows coolly. I enjoy the bliss of the calm morning before the town starts to buzz with life.

    Crying starts coming from baby monitor and I quickly close the window before I walk across to the nursery.

    "Aww Elaine, you're gonna wake your sister" I say as I pick her up from her crib. I place her over my shoulder and rub her back in a soothing way, causing her to relax and eventually stop crying.

    "Goodmorning baby girl" I say cheerfully and start cooing sweet nothings to her. She smiles and reaches up to tangle her little hands into my hair.

     I walk over to Illiana's crib and look down at her laying figure. She was crouching on her knees with her butt in the air, this was her favorite position to sleep in while Elaine preferred laying flat on her back with her head turned to the side.

      These two babies proved to be so alike yet so different everyday and they always left me in awe as I learned more about them each day.

    Elaine was a thumb sucker while Illiana preferred sucking on her tongue. Elaine's hair had a thicker texture than Illiana's but they were the same length and the same colour.

    I observed that Illiana was more laid back. She was much easier to comfort while Elaine was a more aggressive cryer. She was more irritable and harder to please, even just being 3 months old.

   But I love them both with all my heart and nothing will ever change my mind.

   If I were to hand Elaine to a stranger then take her back and then hand them Illiana, that person may think it's the same baby. However I, their mother, knows them as if they were polar opposites.

    I know their differences like they were fire and ice. At first glance I can tell who is who. I guess that's just being a mother.

    "Elly, you in here?" I hear Cassie call for me across the hall. "I'm in here" I shout so she could hear that I was in the nursery.

    "Oh hey - is that my baby awake already? Let me have her" Cassie started speaking to me but got distracted by the baby in my hand.

   She came over to me and I handed her the baby. "Goodmorning princess, did you have sweet dreams?" Cassie started to play with Elaine.

    I walked over to Illiana's crib and saw that she was awake and was just laying on her back, playing with her foot. "Aww princess, why didn't you let me know that you're awake?"

   I lifted her from her crib and she let put a yawn before she started to tangle her hands into my hair.

   "Cassie, I'm going to make a bottle for them, could you take Elaine to the kitchen please?" I spoke as I exit the nursery.

    Cassie looked up from tickling Elaine's tummy and then followed me down to the kitchen.

     "Are you excited?" Cassie asked as she sat at the kitchen counter. I placed Illiana into her small cradle while Cassie still held Elaine.

    "I'm ecstatic and a bit anxious. I cant wait to finally be Mrs. Adams" I say. I get the babies' formula and started to warm some water in the electric kettle that I had bought specifically for the babies.

    I let it warm up as I spoke to Cassie.

   "Cameron's gonna be here at 8:00 to get your hair and makeup done. So you need to get showered and all that stuff before she gets here. The hall is going to be ready by noon and then its showtime" Cassie spoke and this just made my stomach flutter.

    I can only imagine Anthony standing at the end of the altar, waiting for me. Right now he was at Alejandro's house, he stayed the night there, keeping true to tradition and all.

    "What time is it?" I ask.

   "Well it's almost 6:30 right now" Cassie said as she checked her cellphone for the time.

   I turned off the kettle and proceeded to mix the formulas. I handed Cassie a bottle and I kept one for myself as I took Illiana from her cradle and fed her.

     A couple minutes later they were done and it was now bath time.

   I got their baths and filled them with lukewarm water. I would bathe Illiana and Cassie would bathe Elaine.

    I washed her hair with her no tears baby shampoo and she giggled and had fun playing with the bubbles. These two were my pride and joy and I thank God every day for them.

     I wash all the bubbles away, wrap her in a towel and take her to her changing table.

   I got her dressed and Cassie dressed Elaine. "Elly, I think Cammy is here. I hear movement downstairs" Cassie says as she brushes Elaine's hair.

   I place Illiana over my shoulder and walk to the top of the staircase. Cammy was in the living room along with two other women and my living room was a total clutter.

   Tonnes of makeup was spread out across my center table, hair products lined my couch and the women were setting up a makeup station complete with the lit vanity to the side.

    "Wow" I said and this caught Cammy's attention.

   "Goodmorning bride to be!" she exclaims and I laugh.

   It doesn't get any better than this.

                           ❤❤❤

   Hello!!!!!!!!!! We are almost at the end of Elly's story. I thank all of you who have made it this far and I continue to say this every time. I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!

   Please let me know your thoughts, comment, vote and follow. Thank you!!!

   ~A