Chapter 4

"Goodnight. Nice to meet you, I'm Anthony Adams" said the very tall, very handsome man as he took a seat beside me.

   "Nice to meet you as well, I'm Eloise Sullivan, but you can call me Elly" I said reaching out my hand for a hand shake.

    He looked down at my outstretched hand, before taking it in his and gave me a firm yet gentle shake, if that made sense.

     "I'm sorry that we kept you girls waiting but we had a couple last minute things to finalize" he informed me.

    "It was no problem really, but I do have a question. If you dont mind that is" I spoke.

    He looked at me and for the first time since night I saw his facial features clearly.

   He had a strong jawline. His almond shaped eyes were a soft blue with wisps of grey in them, almost having a smokey effect. They were absolutely mesmerizing.

   He cleared his throat and I was brought back from my trance. "I'm- I'm sorry" I stuttered.

   "That's ok " he smiled and oh my freaking gosh, just when I thought he was already a freaking Adonis, here he goes and shows me he has dimples.

    I chuckled nervously.

"So what was your question?"

    "Oh yeah, regarding your earlier statement of having final stuff to do and I heard Alejandro mention the same thing as well. I could not help but wonder. Do you guys um, own the place?"

    "Yes, we are both co-owners" he told me, looking off around the place.

    No wonder they sent a limousine to pick us up. These guys are loaded.

   I felt small sitting beside him. First point being actually literal, seeing that this guy was huge and Last point being his status. I was scraps compared to him.

   "Would you like to look around?" he offered me. I looked over and saw that Alejandro and Cassie were deep in a conversation of their own so I took him up on his offer.

   He held out his hand and I took it as he helped me to my feet.

   I steadied myself properly before walking alongside him, being that I was wearing heels. Didn't want to embarrass myself now do I.

     He walked me over to the railing and let go of my hand to lean against it. I placed my hand on the cool metal and peered down at the bustling life below.

     "Over there are the public bathrooms" he pointed to two sets of large double doors. On one door there was a sign of a girl on a pole and on the other was a sign of a man holding a beer bottle. Clever.

   "Down there we have the stage, I'm planning to have interchangeable themes each night, I'm going to have to get some help in that department" he said.

      I don't know if that was an invitation but I just nodded at his statement.

    "We have a total of 70 bottle girls at the moment and 15 bartenders. I prefer the bartenders to be males, I dont know why, I just do" he chuckled and I also giggled at this.

    He turned his back to the railing and placed all his attention on me.

   "There's a lot more down there but I'd rather talk about you. Tell me about yourself Elly" he folded his arms across his chest.

    "Not much to tell. I live with my two best friends in the downtown area. I'm 23 years old and I work at a coffee shop. Not so fascinating is it?" I tried to play it off with a laugh but it came out strained.

    "That's the coffee shop across from the park on 8th Avenue?" he raised an eyebrow. "That's the one" I confirmed.

    "I get my coffee there every morning. Well not me per say, I send my assistant or Alejandro goes, but he rarely does though".

    "How is it the first time I'm seeing either of you?"

   "As I said before, it's on rare occasions that Alejandro goes, as for me I've only been there once before, but I like the coffee I had gotten so I send my assistant there every morning" he told me.

    "How about you, tell me about you" I turned to face him and met his eyes that were already on me.

   "Well I'm 27, Alejandro and I went to University together and he's been my best friend since then" he told me.

   "That's nice".

   He continued to stare at me and I felt like I was being backed into a corner. I pulled at my dress but it couldn't get any taller than it was.

    A lady approached us and cleared her throat. She was wearing a black pencil skirt, white button up blouse and black flats. Her chestnut coloured hair was in a tight bun. The word to describe her was Neat.

     "Excuse me Mr. Adams, your wife would like to see you. She's in your office" the lady spoke.

    I felt all the air leave my lungs. I was frozen still. Why did this hurt so much? It's obvious that I was attracted to him but it shouldn't hurt this much. He didn't even tell me he liked me, so I would be an idiot if I held this against him.

   "I'll be there soon. Thank you Clarice" he said. She nodded and walked away.

      "Please excuse me, I'll be back shortly" he said to me.

    "Oh no worries. I think it's time to go now anyways" I said as nonchalant as I could.

   I saw his eyebrow raise before he relaxed his features, giving away no signs of what he could possibly be thinking.

   "Could I possibly have a contact of yours? I'd really like to speak with you again" he told me.

    I told him my cell number and he nodded and placed it back into his pocket.

     "Nice to meet you again Elly" he said. "Likewise" I smiled and he walked away, descending the stairs.

    I went back to my previous seat. Cassie and Alejandro had left to go dancing downstairs while Anthony and I talked, so I was left alone with my thoughts.

     He's married.

   Only my luck would be like this. I meet this wonderful person, only for him to be married. He's not even wearing a ring.

    I cant wait to go home.

                                ~~~

About an hour and a half later of me just sitting and bopping my head to the beat of whichever song played, Cassie returned.

   She told me Alejandro had some business to attend to and that she was ready to now leave. I followed behind her silently down to where the vehicle was parked.

   I was silent the whole ride home and as I got home I happily stripped before jumping into bed and allowing the happy place to pull me away.

                               ***

    I know my chapters are short but please bare with me. I hope you guys like it so far. Tell me what you think about it so far in the comments.

   Please comment, vote and fan
~A