Chapter 15

Ruth's P.O.V

    What's so special about that girl. Why did I say this to her? If I hadn't been so stupid I would still have my husband right now.

    Who would've thought she would actually go along with it? She's ruined my life!

     When I got home I saw my brother sitting in the couch. "What did you do Ruth? Why did Anthony's secretary call me and tell me to draft up divorce papers. What the fuck did you do?!"

     "Shut up and dont you dare raise your voice at me" I shouted back at him.

     "What did you do Ruth?"

   I rubbed my face tiredly and sat beside him in the couch.

     "He chose that stupid little girl over me. She's come between my marriage".

   Saying it out loud just made me feel so much worse.

    "Well that's on you" he said and stood up, leaving me by myself.

    I love my brother dearly but he was a very fair and just person. He didnt take sides and it was both good and bad. Like right now for instance. I know he is recalling the mistakes I made but I cant expect him to be biased.

    That's why he's the successful lawyer he is today.

    "I'm going to the office. I'll be back by morning, so dont wait up for me" he said and grabbed his keys and left.

  I sat in silence contemplating what I was going to do. I have no clue what to do. My life is falling apart.

    I'm a practiced lawyer so I know the law and all that stuff so I know this divorce was not going to end well for me. I was the cause of the divorce and I even signed a prenup. I was screwed.

     My phone's ringtone drew me from my reverie and I glanced at the name on the caller I.D.

   Roy

I cleared my throat and answered as calmly as I could.

   "Hey baby, how are you?"

   "Hi, did you get back ok?"

   "Yes, I miss you already".

   "Really now? I'm going to be in Paris for the week, care to join?" he asked me, his deep voice sending waves of happiness through me.

    "I would love to. How soon can I get there?"

     "Well my flights in the next five hours, I'll have my assistant buy an additional ticket. See you in a couple hours my love".

      "Bye baby".

   I threw my phone to the side and went up to my room and began gathering some necessities. Fuck this shit, I'm leaving.

                            ~~~

     Elly's P.O.V

" Cassie! Cammy!" I shouted as I entered the house.

   It was now almost 6 in the evening, their shift should have ended by now.

    "In here!" I heard Cassie shout.

   I realized she was in the kitchen so I joined her in there.

    "Mhmm, that smells good. What you making" I asked, trying to get a peak at what she was making.