Chapter 29

Ding Dong!

   The doorbell rang and I got up to open the door. Anthony was now frying the last of the bacon.

    "Goodmorning pumpkin" Cassie says as I open the door. I chuckle and step aside for her to come inside.

   Anthony was a few steps behind her and he closed the door after he came in.

    "Goodmorning Elly, what's up?" Alejandro asked me.

   "Not alot, Anthony is finishing breakfast" I say. We all enter the kitchen as Anthony turns off the stove.

    "Hey guys what's up. Morning Cassie" Anthony greets them and they return the gesture.

     "Did you get the stuff?" Anthony asks. "Yes, they're in the car" Alejandro speak and Anthony nods.

   I brush that aside and we all sit together and eat.

   "Cassie, could you come with me please?" I ask as I finish eating. "Yes no problem. Oh and here you go" she says, handing me a small paper bag.

    I get a bottle of water and lead Cassie up to the bedroom. After we sit on the bed I take a prenatal and put it aside before turning my attention to Cassie once again.

    "So you'll never guess what happened last night" I said to her. "Was it as good as my night?" she says and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

    "Oh you naughty girl, you did it!" I exclaimed. She started to bounce with glee and I couldn't help but reflect her happiness.

    "It was great Elly. He's the best I've ever been with, no surprise there seeing that I've only ever been with teen boys when we were at the orphanage. He treated me with such gentleness and care yet so much passion. I felt like I was in heaven Elly. A real gentleman he was" she says and sprawls on the bed dramatically.

     "I can see that you really enjoyed yourself. Come here" I say and she sits up, allowing me to hug her properly.

    "So how did your night go? As well as mine?" she asks.

   "I'll let you be the judge of that" I say and she raises an eyebrow.

   "Ruth came over here lastnight" I said and her jaw dropped. "That must have been so awkward for you, and I was really hoping that your night was great. What happened?" Cassie asked.

  "Well she let herself in while Anthony and I were sitting in bed talking to each other. They bantered back and forth while I sat there looking but in the end she eventually signed the divorce papers" I say.

    Cassie's frown turned upside down and she was now grinning from ear to ear. "Oh my gosh Elly, you finally have Anthony for yourself. No worrying about Ruth anymore, you guys can think about being a proper family moving forward. I'm so happy for you Elly" she says and hugs me tightly.

     "I know. Anthony was so happy last night Cassie, you should have seen him. His happiness made me feel like I had nothing to worry about at all and I liked that feeling" I confessed.

    "I love you Elly" she says and we lean our heads together as we hug. "I love you too Cassie".

                                 ~~~

   "Hey girls, come here a sec please" Anthony called out. He was standing at the bedroom door looking in on us before he walked away.

      I turned to Cassie and tried to awaken her. We were laying together and she fell asleep a long time ago. I had fallen asleep too but I woke up a couple minutes ago. It was now almost 2 in the afternoon.

     "Cassie wake up" I shoved her shoulder and she stirred before she sat up and rubbed her eye.

     "Hey, I didn't even notice I fell asleep. I wasn't sleepy or anything" she chuckled and I got up and stretched.

     "The guys are calling us, come on" I said to her. We walked out into the hallway and I saw that the spare room door was open, but first we went to the bathroom to wash our faces and clean up a bit.

    "What's up?" Cassie asked as she entered and I followed close behind her.

    The two baby cribs were put together and were side by side in one corner of the room.

   "Oh my, they're so nice" I said and went over to them, dragging my hand along the rails.

     "Yea, they're really cute" Cassie says.

    "Eloise, come here please" Anthony calls to me and I walk over to his direction.

   "Which of these do you like the most?" he says, pointing at 4 large cans of paint on the floor before us.

      Teal. Grey. Pastel Pink. Baby Blue.

    I looked at them all and tried to decide.

   "Hey, how about we use them all in sort of a rainbow or ombre style. Besides we dont know the genders as yet so might as well make it neutral" I say, shrugging my shoulders as I offered this suggestion.

    "That's such a good idea, I didn't even think of that.

    "Alejandro could you help me move these cribs out into the hallway? Girls there's a box in the basement with some old newspapers, could you go get them for me please. It's by the end of the staircase" Anthony says and he and Alejandro proceeds to move the cribs.

    Cassie and I head down to the door that led to the basement. It was about a 20 step staircase. There were windows in the top of the wall that let in natural sunlight. It wasn't a creepy basement.

  It was painted white and the floor was white tiles. Towards the back of the basement I saw a large washing machine and a dryer by its side. There was an old bicycle hanging from the wall and there were shelves that had tools and other items that I couldn't really identify right now.

     I see the box that Anthony was talking about and as I bent to get it Cassie stopped me.

   "I'll get that Elly, you go on up, I'm right behind you".

      We spread the newspaper all around the floor. Doubling them so it was a bit thicker and harder for the paint to get through. The men stirred the paints with a rod before pouring them in separate paint trays.

    "Who's ready to get creative?" Anthony said, handing us all rollers. I laughed and he smiled at me.

     And that's what we did, we spent the rest of the afternoon painting the nursery. I cant wait for my babies to be here.

                           ❤❤❤

   Hey everybody... Can you guys suggest some cute baby names please. I'd love your help in picking them out. Now remember we dont know the genders so your suggestions are appreciated.

   Please comment, vote and fan.

  ~A