Chapter 28

*Sunday Morning*

  I hear a drill like sound and I sit up in bed. The sound was so loud.

      I used my hand to sort of straighten out my bed hair and I got up.

    When I walk out into the hallway and go to the top of the staircase I see some men wearing hardhats and safety gear downstairs. They were apparently changing the locks in the front door.

    "Goodmorning. Did we wake you?" Anthony says, startling me due to his close proximity.

     "Where did you come from?" I ask, placing my hand on my chest and looking behind me.

   "I was in the bathroom and I think I hear your phone ringing" he chuckles.

   I nod and walk back to the bedroom. I take my phone from the bedside table and see that it was no longer ringing but I had a couple missed calls from Cassie.

   I also notice that it's a little early. A few minutes after 7.

   The phone starts to vibrate again and I answer it.

    "Goodmorning" I say and she also gives her greeting.

   "Elly, I cant wait to see you. Oh my gosh Elly I had the best night ever. Alejandro and I are coming over, did Anthony tell you?" Cassie spoke.

    "No he didn't. I just woke up. I cant wait till you guys get here too. How soon will you arrive?" I ask.

   "Well Alejandro is in the shower now and I'm already showered. I dont know how far he lives away from Anthony so I think it's safe to say the next hour or so" she says.

    "Ok, see you then" I say and hang up.

    "Anthony!" I shout and I plug my phone on the charger.

    "Yes Eloise?" he came into the bedroom.

   "Umm were my clothes washed? I'd like to go take a shower before the guys get here" I say to him.

    "Yes I've got them over here, I also got a baby mother's maxi dress when we were in Baby World. It's in the bags, I brought them inside his morning. They are in the spare room" he goes to his closet and hands me my clothes.

   They were neatly folded, underwear included. He really was a gentleman and this made me blush.

    "I'm gonna go take a shower now, I'll be out soon" I say to him and a thought immediately enters my mind.

   I grab my cell phone and go to the guest bedroom, soon to be nursery. I quickly dial Cassie's number and she answers shortly after.

     "Hey Cassie, have you guys already left?" I asked.

    "Alejandro just got out the shower. Why?" she asks.

   "Could you do me a favor please. Have him stop by the house first and get my prenatals. I dont have them with me" I inform her.

    "No problem, see you soon" she says and hangs up.

    I sort through the bags of stuff and find the dress he referred to. It was a dark magenta colour and it was strapless. It ruffled around the bust and was made of stretchy material.

   It was very long, seemingly floor length. It was simple and cute. I loved clothes like this.

     I fold it and place it back into the bag before going into the bathroom to have my shower.

    I brush my teeth with a new toothbrush that Anthony gave to me and brushed the knots from my hair.

    My hair needs a cut, I notice it has grown out a lot. Was it the hormones? Is that possible?

    I hop into the shower and quickly scrub myself clean and wash my hair.

    I towel dry my hair and myself and get dressed.

    "Thanks for coming over guys. Have a good day" Anthony says and he closes the front door.

    He climbs the stairs and joins me as I enter the bedroom.

    "They left?" I asked.

   "Yup and hey, here are the keys. There's one for the main gate, the front door and the backdoor" he says and hands me a keychain with three keys on it. "They're yours" he adds.

    "Umm, thank you" I say and I take the keys from his hand. I put them into my purse and neatly fold the clothes that I just took off and ask him where they must me placed.

    "There's a hamper in the corner of the bathroom" he says and I follow his directions and put the clothes into the hamper.

    "Wanna help me make breakfast? Alejandro called and said they're on their way over now" he said to me.

     "Absolutely, what are you gonna make?" I asked as we both exit the bedroom and make our way down to the kitchen.

    "The question love, is what would you like?" he asked.

   "Pancakes with chocolate chips" I say. Ever since I got pregnant I've loved chocolate in everything. Not a weird craving but I dont normally eat chocolate as much as I do now.

     "That all?" he asks. He begins getting ingredients from his cupboard and bowls and spoons.

    He takes the milk and the egg from the refrigerator and he starts mixing the necessary ingredients together.

    "Scrambled eggs too, a little savory to contrast the sweet" I say.

   He laughs and looks at me, pausing his mixing. "Spoken like a true chef" he chuckles.

    "Its the truth. The perfect pair, although the perfect combo would include bacon" I say, laughing as well.

     "I do have bacon you know, would you like some?" he asks. "I would love some, but you asked me to help you. I want to help" I say, noticing he was fully in charge and I felt guilty that he was doing all the work.

    "The bacon is in the fridge, in one of the draws. You could get that for me then get the frying pan from that rack up there and heat some oil for me. Please" he says.

   I do what he says and then go to stand beside him. He was now throwing the chocolate chips into the batter and gave it a final stir before pushing the bowl aside.

    "How are you feeling Eloise?" he asks.

     "I'm ok. I appreciate it you know but why are you always asking that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

    "I want to always know how you feel. It's important to me to know that you are ok" he says and I nod, understanding.

     He's smiling at me and I start to blush. "I think the pot is now hot" I say, trying to redirect his attention anywhere but at me.

     He turns around and starts to make the pancakes.

     I sit down and enjoy the silent company, waiting for the guys to get here and for the delicious chocolate chip pancakes.

                          ❤❤❤

    Hey everybody... kind of a filler chapter. Please comment, vote and fan. Let me know what you guys think.

   ~A