Chapter 37

*Elly's P.O.V*

  * Monday Night*

    I ended up staying the weekend at Anthony's house. I was told to rest a little by Karissa and so I didn't bother going through the hassle of going back home last night.

     Besides I would have been all alone at the house because Cassie and Cammy would be at world all day.

     Anthony took the day off and spent it at home with me.

    "Eloise can I talk to you for a minute?" Anthony asks as he gets out the shower.

     I have already had a shower and was laying in bed. "Sure". I pulled the covers up some more and tried to sit up straight and leaned against the headboard.

    He went and put his towel in the closet then came and got into bed next to me.

    "I just got a call from Alejandro. He had wanted to call me from yesterday but he said he didn't want to spoil our moods or any time we had together" he said taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it.

    "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, sitting up straighter and turning towards him with my legs spread open.

    "He said he had received a call the Patrick was found dead by the police inside of his kitchen" he told me but I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

    "Who is Patrick?" I ask, genuinely not knowing who he was referring to.

   "Patrick is... Well was my lawyer and Ruth's brother. Remember you met him when I had you sign the contract at the start of what was once a surrogacy arrangement?" he explained and like a truck, it hit me.

   "Oh my gosh, what happened?" I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands.

     "Well the statement says that the operator that had picked up the 911 call had heard arguing in the background of a woman yelling for the man to give her the phone. Afterwards there was silence so they traced the calls and sent a squad car over there and found him on the floor with his head bleeding out" he informed me.

    He did a face palm and took a deep breath before letting it out.

   I pulled him into a hug and he sighed once more. "I'm so sorry baby" I said as I ran my fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him as best I could.

   "No need to feel sorry love, this is not your fault. However hearing the statement I cant help but feel that Ruth had a part to play in this. I cant stomach the thought of thinking that she would do that to her own brother. I refuse to believe it Eloise" he says looking up at me with hurt filled eyes.

    "When the police got to the house the front door was wide open and he was the only occupant of the house".

    "I wonder where she could possibly be and why she would do such a thing. To her own brother, her own flesh and blood. That's awful" I said.

    "I only hope she leaves and puts us in her rearview, never to return" he says and I nod, agreeing with his statement.

                              ~~~

  *9 months pregnant*

    'I cant believe I'm going to be meeting you guys in less than a week' I thought to myself while I rubbed my stomach as Anthony helped me out of the car and into the house.

    It was Sunday afternoon and I was going to spend the day with Cassie and Cammy at our house.

   "Are you sure you dont want me to stay love?" he asked for the fifth time today. He was so excited and on edge about being too far from me if I were to go into labor.