Chapter 11

We looked at a couple houses, apartments and condos before I saw a house and fell in love with it. But it was not for rent, it was for sale and way out of my budget.

    Anthony tried to convince me that it was not a problem for him and he wanted me to be completely at ease, but that would take all of my $100,000 and still need more.

    He ended up paying for it all while trying to get me to stop begging him not to.

    It was a lovely one story house that had three bedrooms. One room was a master that had it's own bathroom and walk in closet. The other two rooms were regular sized and had a bathroom in the hall between the two.

    It had a modern style kitchen and living room. It was an open floor plan and it was beautiful.

     The real estate lady handed me the key and the papers with my name on it. I was now a proud home owner.

    This was all too overwhelming and I couldnt stop thanking Anthony, which he humbly shut down and kept saying 'Only the best for you'.

     It was now almost 10 in the night when I got home.

   I opened the door and saw the twins sitting on the couch waiting for me to get home.

     "How'd it go?" Cassie was the first to speak.

    My smile started to get wider and I ran over and sat between the two girls.

    "It was great I guess. I cant believe I'm going to be a mom, oh and guess what?" I asked excitedly.

    "What?" they both said in unison.

   I handed the paper to Cammy and she read it as her eyes widened.

    "Are you serious?!" she shrieked.

   "Very, we move in tomorrow" I said, smiling widely.

   "Wait what?" Cassie asked excitedly, grabbing the papers from her sisters hand.

   "Oh! My! Gosh!"

    We chatted some more before we retired to bed, getting ready for the big move tomorrow.

    As I lay in bed I rubbed my flat stomach. Soon there will be a tiny human inside of me and I was getting more at ease with the thought.

   If it's a boy I hope he has his father's eyes.

   His image flashes through my mind and I blush.

  "Relax Elly, it's just business. Dont go catching feelings now" I said, trying to reassure my self and keeping my feelings locked away.

    Oh well, this is it.

                              ~~~

A week and a half later....

           "Goodmorning Mr. Taylor and Mrs. Taylor. How's it going?" I greeted the old couple seated in the corner. I placed their food on the table before them.

     "Goodmorning precious. It's a beautiful day isn't it" Mrs. Taylor spoke. I glanced through the glass window and saw the sun glowing in all its glory, in the centre of the ocean blue sky.

     "It is. Enjoy your day now" I said to them and walked away.

    I spun around a bit too quickly and I became light headed. Woah.

   I stood and squeezed my eyes shut, steadying myself before I started walking again.

   "Hey you ok there?" Sally asked as she walked up to me, a tray in her hand indicating she was going to a table.