Chapter 24

*Ruth's P.O.V*

    "Ruth, you can't keep calling me and expecting me to give you insight. You need to get back here and handle your business yourself" Patrick said to me.

     "I just need you to answer that one question, please" I say to him. He was being very difficult right now.

    "Where are you by the way? It's been 2 months" he asks me.

  I look outside at the trees and the small animals that scurry around through the branches.

    "I'm at home" I answer.

   "No you're not. I'm at home right now and you're not here".

   "No Pat, I'm at home. At mom and dad's" I confess.

    "Since when Ruth? Why are you there? Weren't you travelling with Roy?" he asked me.

    The gloomy feeling that I've been feeling for the past month now returns. I can't believe my life is falling apart.

     "Roy and I broke up" I say and drag my hand through my hair. It was grown out and was now hanging about an inch below my shoulder.

    He's silent for a while before he asks a single word. "When?"

    "About a month ago, month and a half" I said.

   "Come home Ruth. Sign the papers and get this over with. It's not too late to get your life on track without Anthony. You're a certified lawyer sis. Come back".

    "I'm not giving up this easily Patrick. That's my husband and I'm not letting him slip through my fingers. I made one freaking mistake so long ago and he still has it hanging over my head" I say and started crying halfway through.

     "Ruth, I have no say in your relationship. You two are the only ones who know what's going on between you two but I'm saying come back, to our house and sort yourself out. Stop the crying and come home. Talk to you soon" he says and before I reply he hangs up.

      I'm full on sobbing right now and I throw the empty bottle of vodka at the wall. It smashes and I scream.

    I feel sweaty, my throat burns, my eyes are hurting. I just feel so sick.

    "Ruth! What's happening? Why won't you tell me what's wrong?" my mother calls out to me, running over to where I was seated on the floor.

     "Just hold me" I cry and she pulls me into her arms. I let out all my tears and just lay in my mother's arms.

        *Elly's P.O.V*

  "Good day miss, sir. May I be of any assistance today?" A lady walks up to us. She had on a polo shirt with the logo Baby World across her left breast.

   "Thank you but we'd like to browse around freely, we'll make sure to call you if we need any help" Anthony says to her.

    She nods and smiles politely before walking over to the desk up front.

     "So Elly, I was thinking we could set up a nursery together. We could design it together and set it up our selves" he says, turning his attention to me.

     "That's sounds so lovely, but where would the nursery be? I dont have an extra room" I ask.

    "I've got a room at my house that we could convert to a nursery" he says.

    "I dont want to impose, I mean I dont think Ruth would like me being over there because I do have to nurture the babies for the first couple of months" I say to him.

     "Eloise, I've got something to talk to you about. I would really like for us to be a proper family together. You, our babies and I. Ruth and I have been over for the longest while now, so dont even get the slightest idea that this is because of you.

     I'm getting a divorce but Ruth is being very difficult, but I promise you that you are the one I want to try this with and to finally have my happy ending" he says.

   I would swear I was dreaming but my heart is beating way too fast for this to not be real.

    I look into his eyes and I see that he sincerely spoke from his heart. I didn't see an ounce of guilt or feel any traces of a lie behind his words.

    "I would love that so much Anthony" I say and I hug him.

   He is taken by surprise but he hugs me back not a second too late.

   "I would like for us to go on a couple more dates and get to know each other. It may be too early right now but I would like if once you're ready to have the babies you would move in with me" he suggests.

      "So what's gonna happen to my house?" I ask. "Dont worry, that's your house, nothing will happen to it. That's forever your place to call your own" he says to me.

    I smile and nod my head, glad that I get to keep my house. I'd never want to leave Cassie and Cameron out. We're always in this together and I would never like for my life to not have them in it.

       "Great love. Now let's go see what we have here" he says.

    We walk over to a clothes rack and a couple cute baby onesies line it.

    They were newborn size.

  "Eloise remember we dont know the genders as yet so let's get a couple gender neutral colors right now" he says.

     I scan the clothes and he walks away to get a trolley before returning.

    I have about 6 onesies on my arm by the time he returns. I put them in and we scan the other isles.

    By the end the trolley is stacked with clothes, teddy bears, diapers and a few knickknacks that I couldn't pass by.

     Anthony calls the lady for assistance.

    "How may I help?"

   "We'd like to cash these and I'd like to see your cribs if there are any available" Anthony says.

     She gestures for us to follow her and we see a couple cribs set up to the side.

     I see a medium sized crib that was painted white and had intricate little teddy bears carved into the bars.

     "I'd like two cribs in this design please. Is that possible?" I ask the lady.

    She walks over and looks at a paper that was in the crib.

   "Yes we have some available. I'll go get them in the stockroom, be back shortly" she says and leaves us.

    After about 3 minutes she calls us over to the register and Anthony pays for all the stuff.

     A worker stacked our stuff onto a push trolley and walks with us to our vehicle. He assists us in placing them in the trunk of the SUV and it was so much that some bags had to be placed on the back seat.

    "Thank you" Anthony says and hands the boy a $50 bill.

    "Wow, thank you" he says and pushes the trolley back towards the mall, getting back to work.

    "Hungry?" he asked. I checked my cell and it was a little after midday.

    "I could eat" I say and smile. "Come on then" he chuckles and we both go into the SUV.

                            ❤❤❤

Hey everybody, tell me what you guys think in the comments. Please vote and fan. Share with a friend and tell that friend to tell a friend about this story 😋.......

   ~A