Chapter 5

I heard whispering which caused me to stir from my slumber.

    "Shhh" one of the voices said.

   I tried to lift my head but someone held me flat to the bed.

   "Elly, dont move" I recognized Cammy's voice.

   I opened my eyes and tried to peer sideways, I was laying on my stomach, but this proved to be a difficult task.

    "Cammy, what's going on?" I asked, confused. I started to notice a weight in the dip of my back and hip.

   "Would you be quiet" I heard Cassie whisper, rather harshly I might add.

    I gave up the fight and just decided to lay still.

   I heard a squeak sound and felt the weight on my back shift a little.

   Holy shit!

   "Dont tell me that's what I think it is?!" I shrieked.

   "Fine I wont tell you, just lay still" Cassie said.

   "Get it off me!" I screamed. With this action I felt the little feet run up my back and rest at the base of my shoulders. Cammy screamed and let me go and just before I got the chance to jump off the bed, Cassie hit whatever it was with the baseball bat.

    It let out a horrifying sound. I screamed even louder than Cammy had before and rolled over, landing flat on the ground, all tangled in my covers.

    "That's what I'm talking about" Cassie shouted, laughing afterwards.

   I tried frantically to get myself loose. After a couple seconds I succeeded and looked to see Cassie holding her stomach while bent over from laughter.

   "What the hell was that?" I asked.

  "Come see for yourself" Cassie said.

  Cammy was long gone by this, leaving the bedroom door wide open in her wake.

    I peered over the edge of the bed and saw a grey rat, the size of a medium cat. It's front leg was bent in a weird way and it's hind legs were twitching.

   I felt bile rise up in my throat and ran to the bathroom to empty my stomach.

    Cammy was there, cleaning her face. I saw she had already done what I was about to do.

   After emptying my stomach I cleaned myself up and went back to my bedroom.

   Cassie had gotten rid of the rat and was now sitting in the couch, filing her nails.

    "I can't believe you guys are afraid of that little rat" she said nonchalantly.

     "Did you see the size of that thing?! Its almost the size of a rottweiler" Cammy exclaimed.

     Cassie and I laughed at her sister's exaggeration. She scowled at us before she sat beside us on the couch.

    "So, anyways. I came in to tell you that Alejandro invited us to brunch today. You too missy" she informed me and directed the last part to her sister.

    "Do I have to? I'm almost through with my book" she said.

   "Seriously, you're staying in for a book?" I raised an eyebrow at the sibling banter.

    "Something wrong with that?"

   Neither of us replied, obviously it was rhetorical.

   "So, how was lastnight?" Cammy asked.