Chapter 16

"So how are you? You are really pretty, if you dont mind me saying" she said. I noticed that she had a confident and positive aura and I found it very calming.

    She talked fast, not rushed, but she talked with a sense of purpose. I smiled at her.

    "Thank you. I think you're really pretty too and I am fine I guess" I smiled at her.

    "So, would you like to walk around?" she asked me. "I would like that but aren't you busy?"

     "Not really. It's practically my lunch time anyways" she said gathering her purse and turning off her computer.

    I stood up and followed her down the hall towards the elevator.

    She pushed the ground floor button and we waited for the elevator to arrive. I watched the numbers count down from 13 until the doors finally opened.

     "After you" I smiled and she walked inside.

    "So Elly, what would you like for lunch. My treat" she asked.

   It seems like she was always smiling. It was genuine as far as I could tell but I wasn't used to this much cheerfulness.

      "Well I'll have anything you're having, I can't really make up my mind right now" I confessed.

    The elevator opened up to the main floor and we exit and went through the front doors.

    "Well there's this nice cafe across the street, they sell the best burgers ever" she practically sang as we stood by the edge of the street.

    "That sounds nice" I reply.

   She turned to look at me and squinted her eyes curiously. "What is it?" I asked, feeling self conscious under her scrutinizing gaze.

    "Are you always this quiet?" she asks me.

    "Not really, I don't know" I confessed. I lied, I know that I'm not normally this quiet but I didn't know how to tell her that I wasn't comfortable around her. At least not yet.

    "Come on Elly, I know you'll be more at ease around me soon. Let's get to know each other some more" she said and I nodded at her statement.

   We waited for the traffic to slow down before we crossed the road.

      Upon entering I took in my surroundings. It was a nice medium sized cafe, it was almost full, probably due to the midday lunch rush. "Hey Tina, come here" I heard Allison shout out and I noticed a waitress smiling and heading our way.

     "What's up Ally, who's your friend?" she asked, smiling at me.

   She was a petite girl with brunette hair up in a ponytail and under a hair net. She had freckles and a beautiful set of amber eyes.

      "This is Elly, Elly this is Tina" she introduced us. I shook her hand and walked by as Tina led us to a small table. It had a paper on it that read 'Reserved'.

    "Tina knows I always come here every single day for lunch, and this is practically my table when that time comes" she chuckles and sits as Tina walks away with the sign.

      "So Elly, tell me about yourself. Are you a new intern or something?" she asks me. "No, I'm just a friend of Anthony" I told her and picked up the menu.

     "Oh that's cool. How old are you?" she asked.

    "I'm 23 years old" I smiled and scanned the menu.