Chapter 38

A sharp pain hit me in my side. "Aah!" I screamed out. Cammy hurriedly got up and ran to get her phone so she could call for some help.

     "Cassie this hurts!" I cry and I lay flat on the floor. "Hold on Elly, Cammy is calling for help. Just breathe" Cassie tried to console me.

     I cried out so loud it cause Cassie to flinch. "How far apart are your contractions Elly? Approximately how long is it between each time you feel pain?" Cammy asks with the phone by her ear.

     "It feels like it never stops. This hurts so much" I say and continue my crying.

     "Calm down Elly. I know it may hurt but you need to focus on your breathing" she says and I try my best to breathe but my crying is so overwhelming.

    My sweatpants are all wet and I'm sprawled across the floor on my back. "Come on Elly, let me help you stand. Anthony says he's 10 minutes away" Cammy says and she and Cassie help me up from the position I was in and up into a sitting position before I was on my feet.

    I hunched over and held my stomach as another sharp pain ran up my side. "Ok Cassie, go get a bottle of water for her please. Elly sit here" she says and helps me sit on the couch. "Its going to be all messed up" I said and she shook her head.

   "I dont care Elly, come on. Now drink some of this and breathe" Cammy says as Cassie returns with the bottle of water.

   "You guys aren't suppose to be here till the weekend. You could have gave me a warning" I spoke to my stomach as I tried my best to bare the pain I was undergoing.

      "Technically Elly, this is the warning of their arrival" Cassie tried to joke. "Not helping Cassie" I shouted but then I looked at her sadly, not meaning to shout at her.

   "No need to feel guilty Elly. It's the pain talking, I know. Come on Anthony should be getting here soon" Cassie said. They both helped me to my feet once more and helped me out the front door.

    Anthony pulled up to the curb simultaneously and ran out to get me. He placed his hand around my side and hoisted me so my feet were dangling from the ground. I placed my hand around his shoulder to better support myself as he carried me to the car.

    He places the seatbelt around me as Cassie and Cammy come into the car as well.

    "Breathe baby, breathe. I'm here now" he says and starts the car, driving away.

   I roll the window down and allowed the fresh air to blow across my face. I felt pain constantly but the striking ones came across about every 15 minutes. These babies are not playing.

      Anthony turned on his four way blinkers and was now racing down the highway. About 30 minutes later we were pulling into the emergency room and my contractions were now 10 minutes apart.

    "We need a wheelchair. Hurry!" Cassie shouted as we walked through the automatic doors of the emergency room.

    A small female nurse came running over with a wheelchair and Anthony placed me into it. She pushed me off into an elevator along with my friends following behind us.

   We went up two floors before it opened and we exit and the nurse wheeled me into an empty room.

    When we were inside she pressed a button that was on the wall before she started to place plastic coverings on the small bed.

    "Excuse me but you guys aren't allowed to be in here" the nurse turned to my friends.

   "I'm her fiance" Anthony spoke. "Ok, here's a gown, go and get sanitized but I'm sorry ladies you need to wait outside" the nurse said.