Chapter 14

My day went from wonderful to awkward and both mentally and physically draining.

   The tension between the married pair was as thick as a brick wall and Ruth was trying too hard to be nice.

     It did not feel like genuine kindness it felt so strained.

    At the end of the afternoon we went into the parking lot and Alejandro and I went into the SUV. Anthony was still standing by my open door and he smiled at me.

   "I'll be heading home, call me if there is anything that needs my attention. Should I come and get you tomorrow?" he asked me.

     "Tomorrow?" I asked, confused.

   "Yes, remember I said I will spend some of my time with you, so you wont be so bored" he said and he brushed a wisp of hair away from my cheek.

    I glanced over to his wife who stood behind him with her arms folded. She was looking blankly but started to smile when she saw me looking.

    I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Won't your wife have a problem with me spending time with you. I mean this is a business arrangement after all".

    He frowned but then he smiled sadly at me. "She won't have a problem, I know this is a business arrangement but we are all humans and I know you have feelings and I would not like to cause you any stress or trouble" he spoke.

    "I understand. Is noon ok?" I asked. His smile grew and so did mine. "Noon is perfect. Enjoy your night Elly" he said and the way my name rolled off his tongue made my heart skip a beat.

     He nodded at Alejandro and turned away after he closed my door for me. I watched as he walked pass Ruth and entered another black SUV. I hadn't even noticed Benjamin standing by the vehicle due to all the tension I was trying to avoid.

     I waved and luckily it caught his attention. He smiled and nodded his head politely as he opened the door for Ruth to enter.

     "I hate that bitch" Alejandro whispered under his breath. I didn't want him to know that I heard so I just looked out the window as he drove out of the parking lot and towards my house.

       Anthony's P.O.V

   "What the fuck was that all about?" I asked as Benjamin drove out of the parking lot.

     "What do you mean honey?" she asked, drawing closer to me. She tried to touch my chest but I held her wrist and pushed her away from me.

    "Why are you being like this" she pouted, trying to act innocent. "Ruth I am fucking tired of all of this. I can't deal with this right now. Uncle Benjamin please take me to the club and take her home afterwards" I spoke frustratedly.

    "Ok sir, which club might I ask?" he asked. "Infinity" I spoke. He nodded then made a U-turn and went into the direction of the club.

      "How many times do I have to say I am sorry? How many fucking times Anthony?!" she shouted.

     "Not now Ruth" I spoke firmly.

   "No, we are going to deal with this now!" her voice got even higher.

     "Ok Ruth. O - fucking- k. You wanna talk now, I need a divorce. I'm not happy, I dont think I ever was. I was so into the idea of love that I overlooked all your cunning and malicious ways but no more Ruth, no more. Uncle Benjamin after I get off at the club take her to her house please, not mine. I'll send somebody over to pack up your stuff and have them sent to you" I shouted.