Chapter 23

*Saturday Morning*

    "Elly!"

   Cammy shouts from the kitchen and I stop what I'm doing and go to see what it is that she wanted.

    "Cammy? What is it?" I ask, entering the kitchen. "Do you want chocolate chips in your pancakes?" she asks.

   "I would love that, thank you. I'm gonna go take a shower" I tell her and leave her to making breakfast.

     "Cassie! Where are you?" I call out. I haven't seen her all morning. Even though it was only after 6, a couple minutes to 7, but still.

     "I'm in here" she answers and I walk in the direction of her bedroom. "What's up?" I ask. She was sitting in front of her mirror, brushing her hair.

    She was already dressed for work, as for me I still had bed hair and wearing my pajamas.

     "I should be asking you that. Are you excited for today?" she asked, turning her attention to me with her back now facing the mirror.

    "I'm a bit anxious yes. During all that excitement I completely forgot one important factor in all this" I confess.

    "And what might that be?"

    "His wife. I cant believe I totally disregarded her. I haven't seen her in so long, it's like she isn't around anymore" I say.

    "Oh come on Elly. The fact that Anthony even asked you out proves that he is interested in you. If you want reassurance, probably you could bring it up. Ask him about the situation" she advised.

     "I dont want to be a home wrecker, that's the last thing I ever want to happen. I'm not going to lie, I would want Anthony and I to get together but don't you think that's a little selfish?"

     "Not at all Elly. It's a dog eat dog world. Now I'm not saying it's ok for a man to cheat but just talk to him and get the facts straight. Maybe they aren't together anymore, because you said it, she hasn't been around for a while" Cassie says.

    Cassie continues brushing her hair before she puts it into a ponytail and then proceeds to braid the end.

    "Cammy is making breakfast right now. I'm gonna go take a shower. Maybe you guys will be gone by the time I'm through. So see you later?" I say, turning to leave her bedroom.

    "Ofcourse Elly. Have fun" she says and I go to my room.

    I sit on my bed and take up my cellphone. I had 2 missed calls and a text message.

    Anthony was calling.

  Anthony:- Goodmorning Eloise. I was wondering if we could have an early start, see you at 8?

    I checked my time and saw that it was now 6:57 a.m.

    I sent him a text message saying ok and then threw the phone across the bed and heading over to my closet.

    I want to be comfortably dressed so I took out a pair of black sweatpants, a baby blue blouse that fit loosely and underwear. I placed them on my bed before running to the kitchen quickly for a bottle of water.

    Cammy had placed a dish cover over my breakfast and they were heading out. I waved at them then returned to my room.

    I strip my clothing and enter the bathroom. Firstly I take my prenatal and place the bottle water to the side.

   I then comb out the knots from my hair and wash my face and brush my teeth. Afterwards I enter the shower and I wash my hair and scrub myself clean. I let the warm water run down my body for a couple minutes, just relishing the feel of it.