Chapter 13

Ruth's P.O.V

*A week earlier*

   "What!"
  "Yes Ruth, they went ahead with it" my brother told me over the phone.

   I pinched the bridge between my eyes and let out an audible sigh.

   "I didnt think she would actually think about it. I wanted to scare away that bitch" I sneered.

   When I brought up the notion I never once thought that she would say yes. I wanted her to think that I was crazy or something, I didnt want her near my husband. I saw the way they looked at each other and that only made me hate her more.

    My marriage was already on the line as it is, I didnt need them getting all buddy buddy, to make it even worse.

   I was the cause of this, this was all my fault. "Ruth I have to go, I just wanted to let you know what was going on" Patrick spoke up.

    "I guess I'll have to be back sooner than I thought" I said and ended the call.

   I threw my cellphone on the bed beside me and placed a hand on my knee, reating my chin in my palm.

   I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Babe, you coming to shower with me?" he asked me.

    My mood immediately lightened and I got up and skipped over to the bathroom to have a hot, steamy shower with my boo.

                                ~~~  

    Elly's P.O.V

*Present time* 

      "So I called ahead and had Allison make us reservations at the Steak House Downtown" Anthony spoke up.

    My stomach growled and I giggled. "So Elly, will you be ok with not working? I don't want to cause you any inconvenience, cause I know this is a major lifestyle change" Anthony turned his attention to me.

     "It's ok, I'm gonna be awfully bored though" I tried joking but failed. He looked to be in deep thought before he spoke.

    "What do you think about spending most of your days with me. It wont be all that active, I'm sure it will be ok for your well being. We could get to know each other more and I could show you some of my work ethics and so on".

    "That would be lovely, I cant believe I'm going to be a mom" I breathed out with a huge smile. He smiled at me and I could see affection amd admiration in his eyes.

   Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me and I was only seeing what I wanted to see. My hormone levels are a bit high at the moment so anything is possible.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that he may take a liking to me, I'm not an oblivious teenage girl who is in love, but I was rather trying to not dwell on these thoughts, ensuring that my feelings were not hurt after this whole ordeal. He was a married man anyways.

    I turn to look out the window and take in the passing scenery.

     Shortly afterwards we pulled into the parking lot of the Steak House. We went up the enter the building and were warmly welcomed by the hostess.

     "Good afternoon, may I ask if you have a reservation?" the lady asked us politely. "Yes we do, Adams is the name" Anthony spoke.

    She typed something into the tablet she held and then smiled. "Ah yes, party of 4, your first guest has already arrived and is seated. Please follow me" she said and entered the restaurant gesturing for us to follow her.

   "What the hell? What other guest?" Alejandro voiced his concerns. "I dalm would like to know" Anthony said.

    He took my hand in his and led the way for me, following the hostess.

     "What the f-" Alejandro started to say but before he could swear the mystery guest stood up and spoke.

    "Anthony baby, what took you so long" Ruth said, standing up and kissing Anthony's cheek.

      I felt him tense and I too my hand from his grasp. He looked down at me and his face became blank.

   "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I came back early, my parents send their regards, I couldnt possibly miss the big celebration" she said, all while smiling sweetly.

    "Elly, let me get a look at you. I'm sorry I was not here for the doctor visits, but I'm here now" she said, pinching my cheeks.

   I so badly wanted to frown at the action but I smiled politely. "How did you know we were going to be here?" Alejandro spoke up.

    "Oh, I dropped by your office dear and Allison informed me of your plans so I told her to extend the reservation amd here I am" she told her husband.

    They stood there looking at each other as if they were in a stare down. Anthony had a blank stare while Ruth was smiling so hard I'm sure it was forced.

   I glanced at Alejandro and saw him looking at Ruth with distaste. "Well, how about we all get seated?" I tried breaking the ice. "Lovely dear, honey I saved you a seat" Ruth first spoke to me then offered the seat beside her to her husband.

   Anthony pulled out my seat and I sat down before he pulled out the seat beside me and sat down himself.

   Alejandro let out a groan as he was left with no choice but to sit beside Ruth.

   Ruth's smile turned to a tight lipped one but her eye contact with her husband did not waver.

    "I am your waiter for tonight, here are your menus. May I offer you guys anything to drink while you browse?" a thin boy spoke. He looked to be about 19 years old, although his face seemed a bit younger with all the acne, his baritone voice and stature made me think otherwise.

      "This is going to be fun" I whispered to myself as I opened my menu and started to scan.

                                ***   

    Hey everybody, please comment and let me know what you think. Vote and Fan.

~A