Chapter 39

"Elly you need to wake up now" I hear Karissa speak. My eyes are closed and my body is aching but I open my eyes and take in my surroundings none the less.

    "You did so good love, I'm so proud of you" Anthony says as he brushes hair from my face and bend lower to kiss my lips.

    "How long was I asleep for?" I asked. "Not long, it was about 15 minutes, but they said you needed to wake up so you could see the babies and have skin on skin contact with them" Anthony informs me.

     "My babies, where are they" I say. I place my hand on my now soft stomach. It felt like mush and it was slightly smaller, being that it was still swollen a bit.

    "They're right here Ms. Sullivan, no need to panic. We just got them cleaned up and were taking tests and making records of certain things. We are all through now, would you like to hold them now?" a nurse asked me.

   I looked towards Anthony. "Did you hold them already?"

   "No, I was waiting for you to wake up, I did however go and tell the girls how great you did" he informed me.

   "Yes I would love to hold them now" I turned my attention to the nurse. She pushed the small cots over to my bedside and Anthony helped me to sit up.

    I was sore all over but just knowing that I was finally going to hold my precious gems gave me the motivation that I needed to sit up.

    "Ok, this is Baby A, she is the first born, being born at 8:49 p.m and weighing 7 pounds and 3 ounces" the nurse says and hands me a baby.

   She was wrapped in a pink blanket but the nurse unwrapped her and gave her to me, to lay against my bare chest.

       Her eyes were closed but they opened as she lay in my arms. Her eyes were so glossy and green, I instantly fell in love with her.

    She let out a small yawn and this made me giggle. "Oh my angel" I cooed. I rubbed her head, her only having a couple strands of dark blonde hair. "Hi baby" Anthony says and reaches down to touch her belly but she holds his finger in her tiny little palm.

   She looks up at him and I couldn't help the love that filled my every muscle, just looking at the affection in his eyes.

      "She's perfect, now hold her for me please. I need to see my other little princess" I say and I hand the baby to Anthony.

    "Great. Now here's Baby B, she was born at 8:54 p.m and she weighs 7 pounds and 7 ounces" the nurse says handing me the second baby.

    "Well aren't you a big baby" I said to my angel as I lay her against my chest.

    She cooed and I held her close to me, not wanting to let her go. "They both look so much like you Eloise, I couldn't be more happier" Anthony says to me and I look down at my baby in my arms.

    She too had glossy green eyes and dark blonde hair. She seemed to be a bit smaller than Baby A however she carried more weight. "Anthony let me see her please".

    Anthony bends down lower and places our babies side by side. They were identical twins. The only difference that I could see right now was that Baby B, our second born, had a birthmark on her left collarbone that looked like a weird blob. It did not look like anything significant.

      "They are truly lovely Elly, can you please sign these papers for me when you are ready. I'll leave them on this tray right here" Karissa says and she places down a clipboard and leaves the room.

    The nurses finish cleaning up before they leave Anthony and I alone with our babies.

     "Anthony could you please hand me that glass of water?" I ask him and he gets me the water that was on my bedside table. I drink a bit and then get back to bonding with my babies and my fiance.

    About 30 minutes later a nurse comes back into the room. "Ok, did you finish signing the papers?" she asks. "Not as yet, I'm sorry" I apologize.

   "No need to apologize. I just came back because we need to see if they latch. It's a requirement for them to feed and poop before you are able to leave" the nurse informs us and walks over to where I sat.

    "If I may" she says as a way of asking for permission to proceed. I jod my head and she continues with what she was about to do.

    She undoes my gown so the neckline came low and my breast was out. She placed the baby into my arm and told me to place my nipple into her mouth.

   I tried putting my nipple into her mouth but she moved around a bit as if she was searching for it with her eyes closed before she finally caught unto it and starting drinking.

   It was a very strange feeling and I couldn't help but laugh as she drank from my breast.

     "Does it tickle?" Anthony asked. I looked down at my suckling baby and laugh once more before I answered Anthony. "It kinda does tickle but it's just more weird than it is ticklish. I'm not use to it" I say to him.

     "It'll be easier as time goes by. Some mothers even say they dont even remember when they are feeding their baby" the nurse says as she makes a record of something.

   "Ok, I suggest you feed her for another 5 minutes or until she stops drinking and then feed the other baby. Your fiance can burp her while you feed the other baby as well" the nurse says to me.

    I nod and she leaves the room.

   "Anthony can you hand me the papers for me to fill out please" I say to him and he walks over to it, gets it and then takes it back to me along with a pen.

    I sign my name, fill in Anthony's name, my address, my contact information and all the other necessary information.

   I flip the sheet and I see where it asks for the babies' information. I see one part labelled Baby A. It has her time and date of birth, her parents' names, her weight, her eye color and her foot print on there. The only line that was empty was the line labelled 'Name'.

    I looked up to Baby A in Anthony's arms and smiled as I wrote her name on the line.

   I then looked to the other section labelled Baby B, whom was the baby I currently held and was feeding. She had stopped drinking and was now sleeping. I quickly wrote her name on the line before I swapped her with the other baby that Anthony had and started to feed her as Anthony burped her.

      "Knock knock, I see we have the feeding down" Karissa says as she enters the room. She had on a fresh pair of pink scrubs as she sits down on the chair that was by my bed side.

      "I'm so in love with your babies Elly. They are so so beautiful. Did you finish signing the papers?" she asks and I nod my head. My baby was drinking from my breast but her eyes were wide open, looking up at me and studying my features keenly.

    Karissa flips the sheet of the clipboard and smiles. "Awe what lovely name for lovely girls. Babies Elaine and Illiana Adams".

                        ❤❤❤

  Thank you to AshaBhatt for suggesting the names Elaine and Illiana. I appreciate you.

   Thank you guys for the support so far. We still aren't at the end as yet, please comment your thoughts on everything so far, I'd love to know what you all think. Please vote and share this story. Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend about this story 😊......

    Thank you!!!
~A