Chapter 13: Invisible

Bree's POV...

I'm waiting for Alex to arrive at this certain coffee shop at Alabang. And while I'm sipping on my latte, my mind still wanders back at yesterday's events. Gaaaddd, he actually said hello to me.

Siya pala yung CEO nung network. I thought the owner must've been on his 50's or even twilight years, but he's actually the opposite.

Napakabata pa niya to hold or own a tv network.

Well, mukha naman siyang magaling at maabilidad. Kaya naman siguro talaga niya.

Someone poked me in the arm and I knew who it was. At last, dumating din siya.

"Okay, I thought you'll ditch me. It's our date today Alex," I said smirking at her.

"Am I late? Pssshh. On time ako oh. Your just early Bree," she answered while eyeing me sweetly.

Then she ordered a frappe. May kakaibang glow ngayon si best friend. I knew it has something to do with the guy she told me about last time.

I never saw her being joyous and in full bliss since time immemorial. Well, she'd been happy for so many years but not as much happier than what I could see now.

Are they going through the marriage? Seseryosohin ba talaga nila yung kasal? I knew about their contract, and I'm having doubts about the marriage in Hong Kong. Why do they have to marry there in the first place if they will eventually take vows here?

Ang gulo. Hindi ko alam kung ano umiikot sa isip nung lalaking papakasalan ng best friend.

I don't want to comment because I'm not in the right place to intervene or say what I feel about it.

I just hope that what I just concluded won't happen. A divorce. Di ko na lang sinasabi sa kanya at baka masaktan pa siya at akalain pa niyang kontrabida ako sa buhay niya.

"Nahhh.. I just want to tease you. So, how's your heart now? I can see that you're glowing," I teased.

"Heart? What does my heart got to do with my well-being now? And glowing? I am glowing? Seriously, I'm not," she denied.

"You don't have to admit it, its pretty obvius that you do. My dear best friend Alex, I knew every inch of you. You're in love," I exclaimed.

She just shrugged and pouted.

"So, how's work?" she asked. Hoping to mislead  the conversation.

She doesn't have to admit it now, I already knew.