Chapter 6: Just The Way You Are

Alex's POV..

The dinner went well; neither of us spoke or even joined our parent's conversation. Right after it, I just decided to go for a few drinks to settle my nerves.

This week's events disturbed and drained all my strength. First, the ditching incidents at Tiffany's, second, my brother's unexpected proposal to Nica, third, Nate’s constant stalking, fourth, the midnight encounter with a stranger and lastly, and worst of all, this damn arranged marriage with this beast!

For Pete’s sake! I never imagined myself be married to this conceited and awful beast. Knowing the fact the he is a womanizer.

“Pretty babe, hop in,” he offered. He’s on his Jaguar XKR-S convertible. Drool. Nice car!

“I’m not a bunny, baby. And yeah, I have my own car. Thanks, but no thanks. Nice car by the way,” I said with a mischievous grin on my face.

“Well, I think we have the same taste with cars. Ride with me pretty babe. Our parents told me that we should hang out, well, to know each other well. We’re affianced, remember?”

“In your dreams you conceited beast! Will you please leave me alone?” I muttered in an irritated tone.

“Okay,” he said as a sort of surrender and he drove away.

The nerve of the beast, he can’t expect me to hop in his car. I don’t want company tonight. Alcohol’s the only one I wanted to have tonight. It’s been months since my system indulged in such vice. I’ll re-acquaint with it tonight.

Andrew’s POV..                                                      

Hell yeah, she’s not a bunny, of course she’s one hot female. She turned down my offer. First time on my part. Women would willingly grab the opportunity just to be with me and then she just turned down my honorable offer?

I followed her. She went inside The Embassy, where only rich people and VIP’s could get access. I went in and saw her at the counter drowning herself in colored liquor.

Her head propped down while her forefinger outlined the rim of the glass. She smiled bitterly and came to an abrupt halt and shock and she also stiffened. She turned to the man on her right, sitting beside her.

He was tall, olive skin and yes, I admit he’s handsome. They talked.

I saw the man’s eyes sparkle with love, love for her maybe but Alex’s face was blunt.

No sign of any emotion. Poker face. =_= yeah, like this.

The man brushed her aside, and a smile played on her lips. A smile of longing.

Bakit ba ang gulo nang babaeng ito? Kanina lang walang kaemo-emosyon ang mukha niya tapos ngayon ngumiti naman. Lukaret ang Alex na ito.

They continued talking, and seemed that they haven’t talked in months. Ang tagal eh, ano kaya pinag-uusapan nila? After a few minutes, he left. You know what, the man kissed her on the lips. A long one, siguro mga 1 minuto din ang tinagal.

And I saw tears rolling down on her cheeks but she wiped them immediately using the back of her hand. I just watched her from afar. At lalo lang siyang nagpakalasing.

Hell. What happened? Did they broke up? Is it because of me? Our arranged marriage?

I took the stool next to her, the one the man vacated. I heard her sigh deeply and spoke.