Chapter 2: Just A Kiss

Alex is preparing for the Masquerade Ball at their mansion tonight.

It is the annual masquerade ball her parents held for the Olchondra wine industry.

Tonight, it will be her older brother’s last term of holding their company since he stated that he will be married in a year’s time.

He is your typical business tycoon and also a playboy.

But when he met Veronica Altamirano, a young mining engineer of our generation, he finally decided to slow down.

She is the heir of Altamirano’s mining company.

Alex look fabulous in her rich emerald green dress and when she entered the hall, all eyes turned to her.

Nagsimula na ang party at ipinakilala sila isa-isa.

She finally met her brother’s girlfriend and soon-to-be-wife, Veronica Altamirano.

According to her brother, Nica is very excited to meet her.

Fan kasi daw niya ito, katunayan pa nga ay meron itong collection ng ilan sa mga damit na ni-design niya for her clothing line.

“Hi, soon to be sister-in-law!” she said and gave Veronica a peck on her cheek.

“Oh hi sis. Nice meeting you,” sagot nito and returned Alex’ kiss.

“So, when is the exact date? Well, I heard..” puto niyang sabi.

“Oh… that. I still don’t know. See?” sagot nito habang itinaas ang kaliwang kamay nya para ipakita kay Alex na hindi pa nag-propose ang kuya niya.

Alex was taken aback.

She can’t believe her brother could be this heartless.

He hasn’t proposed to Nica yet he nonchalantly announced to their family his plans of settling down.

“Oh I’m sorry, I thought he already proposed. Well, maybe he’s just too occupied by this event. But really sis, I really love to have you as my sister-in-law,” sabi niya.

“Thank you, you just don’t know how much I also wanted you as my sister-in-law. Having Alexandria Olchondra, a famous fashion designer as my sister-in-law would be great!” excited nitong sagot.

“Nahhh.. Don’t praise me that much. You’re a well-known mining engineer Nica, a distinguished one. Most importantly, you’re the only one who drives my brother crazy. You see, he’s still with you for 3 years? He’s serious about you, sis!”  sagot niya.

“So, what’s this?” tanong ni Lawrence.

“Seems that we have a new club, mutual admiration society huh?”

“You creepy ogre! Why do you sneak into girl’s conversation? You got it bad kuya, tsk! Hopelessly in love with this gorgeous woman. And to think that you kept her from me for 3 years! Kuya, I still can’t believe, knowing you..” tukso ni  Alex.

“Little sister, stop. Okay?” sabi nito sabay kindat kay Alexhabang nakapulupot ang braso niya sa bewang ni Veronica.

Alex’ POV..

Well, it was nice chatting with Veronica.

I really want to have her as my sister-in-law.

Noon ko pa gustong magkaroon ng ate or kapatid na babae.