Chapter 34: Feelings Show

Bree's POV...                                                               

Last night was bloody saddening and heart-wrenching, knowing my best friend's current state she was in was really devastating.

But there's still hope. I could feel and see through her that she'll somehow clean up the mess and listen carefully with her husband.

I know it will be fine sooner or later. It's Christmas today, I hope they will get back together. They look good together aside from the the fact that they are going to be parents in more or less 8 months.

I was set off on my little trance of thinking about their messed up relationship with the shrill ringing of my cell phone.

I checked it, and a smug smile appeared on my face. Merry Christmas, Bree!

"Hi." I answered while my hips sway like a little girl does when she had an amazing play.

"Good morning beautiful." He chuckled.

"Merry Christmas.. Ric." I finally greeted. I thought I couldn't because my system went on a ricochet when I heard his voice.

"Merry Christmas too, Bree. So, is it okay if I'll come by this afternoon? Well..um..well.."

"Well?" I asked. Why just can't be straightforward on his intentions?

I hate cliffhangers and I'm not the type of person who’s used to any delayed anticipations.

"Well..I just want to spend Christmas with you, that's all. Is that okay?" He said finally.

Good Lord, I thought he wouldn't come into that. Phew! You're saved, Ric.

I already wanted to answer, but I lost my tongue. I forgot how to speak. Jeez, what the h, Bree. Say something! Say yes!

It's Ric who's asking to come over and not mere coming over, he wants to spend Christmas with you. Isn't that sweet?

My inner mind and self kept on rumbling such thoughts of not passing it up. That's what I really wanted but I really lost in words.

Before I could answer him, someone behind me grabbed the phone. It's Alex.

"Oh, yes. She would to, Ric. You can come over. You are warmly welcome and appreciated to spend Christmas with her. You just don't know how much she loves..." Before Alex could drop those bombs that could kill me, I snatched the phone and glared at her.

She cocked her head to side and crooked her brows in confusion. I just returned another deathly glare.