Disappearances & Lectures #14

Requested by Anonymous 

One day you decide to take a walk around the city. What happens when your mom (Wanda) saves you from a group of thugs? How much trouble will you be in? 

After a long day at the tower, I decided to take a walk around the city whilst my mom was in training with the other Avengers. I told JARVIS not to tell her I was headed out because she doesn't like me going anywhere on my own. 

An hour or so passed and I decided to make my way back in time for her finishing so I didn't get caught. However, my stomach grumbled and I saw a burger truck and got a burger. Once the guy in the truck handed it over, I thanked him and turned around about to take the first bite. Only, I dropped it when I saw someone stealing a woman's purse. The woman was defenceless and I knew I had to help. I yelled at the man to give it her back but he didn't listen. I rolled my eyes as I should have seen than coming. 

Without thinking, I ran to follow him using my keen sense of smell. (I also have an ability to smell things as well as a wolf). Eventually, I found him in an alley way with some other teens around his age. Oh yeah, did I mention the thief is a kid? I saw them laughing about it which really irritated me. "Hey!" I shouted at them causing all five of their heads to look at me at the same time. "And what do you want?" The thief snarled. "I want what you stole from the woman." "Why so you can give it back to her and play hero for a day?" He mocked. I rolled my eyes in response. 

I looked at them as though they were dumb, which they are of course. And right now, I am glad I have been training with Natasha. "We can do this the easy way... or the hard way. You choose." I told them blankly. They all surrounded me and I got into position ready to fight. But I didn't even get the chance as red wisps engulfed them. I was confused at first, but then I saw the purse fly straight from his hands into my mothers. After using her powers on those idiotic, thieving boys, they had enough common sense to run off. And judging by how she's now glaring at me, I knew I was in for a lecture. 

I was about to apologise to her for leaving the tower without her knowing but she raised her hand and said, "I don't want to hear it. Go give this back to the woman it belongs to and make we'll make our way back to the tower." To avoid any arguments, I did as she told me. The woman who owned the purse wasn't too far away and thanked me for going through the trouble. Of course I told her it was no problem at all. Then I went back to my mother and made our way to the tower. Yup I was right, definitely in for a long lecture. 

Time Skip 

Once we arrived at the tower, my mom told me to go straight to my room and that she'd be in there shortly. So, I headed straight to my room. And she wasn't kidding when she said she wouldn't be long. Not long after I sat on my bed, the door opened and she came inside. "What were you thinking? Wandering off like that? And worst of all, you put yourself in what could have been a dangerous situation if I hadn't found you in time!" 

I was about to speak up but she just continued her rant. "Don't dare interrupt me! You know for a fact that I don't like you wandering around in the city by yourself!" After that, she took a deep breath to calm down before she let her emotions get the better of her and her powers accidentally come into use. "What I'm saying is, if you want to go somewhere, at least take someone with you." She said calmly. 

You sighed as you didn't realise your mother had been so stressed about this. "I'm sorry mom but I am 15, you need to let me have some form of freedom. I'm not that little anymore." You told her. Wanda didn't want to admit but she knew you were right. You were getting older and needed more freedom. "Okay, you've made your point. But in future at least let me, or one of the others, or heck even JARVIS inform me that you're leaving the tower. Just something so I don't have to worry, okay?" You nodded at her and she sat next to you and hugged you. "Okay lecture over. Shall we make some dinner?" She said. "Sure, especially since I dropped my burger." Wanda laughed at you and you both made your way to the kitchen. 

Ending this one here. Hope the anonymous person who requested this liked it, as well as everyone else. By the way, is it weird that I have the letter M on my hand. I randomly turned it upside down and it was a W. Meaning I like to view it as having the initials of Wanda Maximoff on my hand. Try it if anyone else has an M on their hand! I thought this was both cool and weird! I may also have a Wanda x Romanoff reader fanfic story coming out soon, reader is daughter of Black Widow, I will let you know when I will upload that! Anyway, requests are still OPEN and don't forget to vote! :)